This slider uses the FlexSlider framework by WooThemes. Recent posts are displayed as a responsive slider. Posts can be selected by category or by post type if your theme uses custom post types.
The slider exists only as a widget, no settings page required. Visit Appearance > Widgets in your site dashboard, and place the Recent Posts Flexslider widget in your sidebar of choice.
Options that can be set:
- Post Type
- Slide Duration
- Slide Pause
- Number of Slides
- Slider Height
- Image Size
- Slider Animation Style
- Post Title
- Post Excerpt & Length
- Toggle Post Link
- Upload the files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Recent Post Flexslideronto a sidebar on the Appearance->Widgets page
- Can I use both categories and post type to select posts?
No. If a custom post type is used, categories must be set to “All Categories”.
- Can I use custom taxonomies?
Currently the plugin allows the selection of a category of posts or a custom post type only.
Excellent work as usual, David!
Works as smooth as mentioned, Neat & clean interface, nice customisation.
Highly recommended for bloggers.
Good work developer.
Simple plugin that works but with poor/no support.
Contributors & Developers
“Recent Posts FlexSlider” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.6.3 – 10 March 2017
- Tested up to WordPress v4.7.3
- Fixed widget title to use
1.6.2 – 13 December 2016
- Tested up to WordPress v4.7
- Updated default animation time
- Cleaned display of code
1.6.1 – 13 January 2015
- Fixed bug on slide height when using fade animation
1.6 – 5 January 2015
- Added ability to select image display size
- Updated caption CSS
1.5 – 13 January 2014
- Updated to Flexslider v2.2.2
- Fixed image positioning
- Added ability to toggle post links on/off
- Added functionality to allow multiple sliders on one page
- Changed from get_the_excerpt() to get_the_content and stripped tags to allow longer excerpt captions than set by theme
1.4 – 2 October 2013
- Added Slider Animation Style
- Updated dropdowns to select() function
- Updated WP_Query
- Sticky Posts now ignored in slider
- Sizing bug for single slide fixed
- Margin removed for single slide
- Image vertically aligned in slide
- Reupload of core files
- CSS Optimization
- Dynamically load scripts and stylesheet only on views that include widget
- Load scripts in footer
- First Version