This plugin provides a way to display the most recent posts from multiple custom post types in multiple widgetized areas. In function, it is much like the default Recent Posts widget, as it is a multi-widget for displaying recent posts, but it allows you to choose what post types to display.
- Choose which custom post type(s) to display the most recent posts from.
- Choose the number of posts to display.
- Custom title text.
- Unzip and upload the folder
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add as many ‘Recent Custom Posts’ widgets as you’d like to your available sidebars, and adjust each widget’s settings accordingly.
- How do I select multiple post types?
The widget uses a select box in order to display the post types. Click the first post type, then ctrl or cmd click the additional post types you wish to include.
Contributors & Developers
“Recent Custom Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Plugin was generating the same id for the ul tag in each widget. This was leftover from development, and has been eliminated.
- Widget display now correctly handled by theme.
- Changed widget id base from
- Cleaned up some of the code.
- This is the first version