Recent Commented Posts Widget displays your most recently commented posts with thumbnail images (optional).
Notice: This widget requires at least 2.8.
Widget’s options allow you to customize your recent commented posts list displaying.
Your recent posts widget’s title on your sidebar.
Number of posts to show:
How many posts to display
Excerpt length (letters)
You know that
Thumbnail Custom Field Name
If you want to display the thumbnail of your posts via a custom field, write its name.
Height – Width
Get first image of post
If you don’t want to use custom field, plugin will get first image from your post content.
Get first attached image of post
Plugin gets first attached image of post.
If post has no image, plugin display this image. Ex: http://www.yakupgovler.com/default-image.png
Notice: If you use three options, plugin uses custom field image firstly. If the post has no custom field, it gets first image from content. At last it gets first attached image. I suggest not to use “Get first image of post” for performance. It queries much more.
- Make sure you are running WordPress version 2.8 or better. It won’t work with older versions.
- Download the zip file and extract the contents.
- Upload the ‘recent-commented-posts’ folder (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘plugins’ page in WP.
- See ‘Appearance’->’Widgets’ to place it on your sidebar. Set the options.
- I don’t use Widgets. How can I use this widget?
Please, visit my website.
Contributors & Developers
“Recent Commented Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed a bug. Widget displays double posts.
- Initial release version.