Really-static generates static html-files out of your blog. Every time a Post is published/edited/delted or a comment is posted, changes will be automaticly written to the static blog.
If you have problems, informations about bugs or ideas report them to us(no registration needed, also guests can write new posts), please dont use the wordpress.org forum for question.
- its incredible fast, faster than any cache solution ( more benchmarks )
- saving static files via local, FTP, SFTP, ( and also on Amazons S3 CDN with a plugin )
- many plugins for really-static, that can nearly everything
- its secure, because you can hide your wordpressinstallation
- timebased updates and url rewrite rules
- if you dont have PHP/MySQL support on your server you can host your wordpressinstallation local and use a normal HTML webspace for publishing
- work also with Multi-Site / Multi-blog installation (should be stable, but no garantie; every site must configured separately)
http://blog.phpwelt.net using really-static, so you can see how it works, just leave a comment!
- translation into German language
- translation into Japanese language by Tai
- translation to Spanish by Hector Delcourt
- translation to Russian by M.Comfi
- translation to belorussian by ilyuha
- translation to Slovak by WebHostingGeeks.com
- translation to Serbian by WPdiscounts
- translation to Italian by Stefano
- coustom aboutinfo
- no Donateinfo
- many many additional plugins
- install support
really-static comes with various translations, located in the directory languages. if you would like to add a new translation, just take the file default.po and edit it to add your translations (e.g. with poedit).
- Questions and Bug reports
If you got any Problem please use the debugfunktion and send me a report.
Or ask the community
- I just get 0-Byte files
please check your settings. 0-Byte files means that really static get errors while reading.
- make RSS, Sitemap e.g. static
- Cachehit ?
I implement this because its unessary update static page when the sourcefile didnt change. Its also better for Google, because if the static file dont change, the filedate also keeps the same and google ranks files that didnt change for a long time better!
- I only got webspace without PHP-support
If you want to posting a new blogentry, start the Uniform Server on your PC. Than login to the now local on you PC runnig WordPressinstallation and write your blogentry an puplish it. After this you can stop the uniform server. If someone getting on you internetwebsite he sees the static html files (generatet by really static) and he can post comments (because Disqus got there ownservers)
- I want additional features in Really-static
- Make Really-Static work with other WordPressplugins
$url= filename without siteprefix, that means just e.g.: “nonwordpresspage.html”
Make a page static:
Delete a page:
I have a very simple and very small blog. This plugin worked perfectly for making a static archive copy of it. I had to manually copy the theme because the plugin doesn't seem to cover that. Otherwise, it worked well. It can be a bit confusing to use but eventually does what it promises.
Ruined my site!
Even i only tried the demo mode... it changed the wordpress site itself and i could not access any parts of my blog.
I managed to get my blog back to previous state by deactivate all plugins from ftp by renaming plugin to plugin_
Then by ftp also i copied all files from my previous blog to /wp-content/plugins/really-static/static/ then i could get into my wp-admin and the old deleted plugins was back plus the new ones was not there so i could safely delete it and go back to my previous site.
Hope you can get rid of it too good luck. And for everyone else stay away.
for changelog please look in to our forum