Reading Time shows the estimated reading time of the post, in seconds or minutes.
The estimate is automatic; a custom value for a single post can be inserted using a Custom Field named “readingtime”.
For more info: http://www.whiletrue.it/reading-time-for-wordpress/
Features In Next Release
- Display setting: always / only for selected tags or categories / only when the
readingtimecustom tag is set
- Set your favourite values in the
Settings->Reading Timemenu in WordPress
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- How is the estimation done?
The estimation is based on the “speed” value stored in the settings menu.
The value for speed should be chosen between a span of 150 words per minute (slightly slower than average) to 250 words per minute (slightly higher than average); if not set, a default value of 200 is used.
Contributors & Developers
“Reading Time” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Plugin tested up WordPress 4.7
- Added: “readingtime_text” CSS class
- Added: Donate link
- Changed: Readme update
- Added: Reading time in minutes option
- Changed: Default speed set to 200 words per minute
- Fixed: Uninstall bugfix
- Added: New progress bar display setting
- Fixed: Settings sanitization
- Added: Default settings value
- Added: New position setting, above or below the post
- Added: Uninstall function