This is a very simple and lightweight Plugin for rating authors by visitors.
It allows the visitors to rate an author of a post, if they like any. On installation Average rating stars, “Want to ‘Rate this Author?” button and list of approved visitors(who viewed that author) is shown up automatically.
On clicking “Want to ‘Rate this Author?” button a popup form populates in the lightbox. A visitor can fill the required information i.e.:-
- Visitor’s own profile image
- Rating stars(Choose how many stars you want to give this author)
and submit it.
On submission it goes in admin. An admin has access to all the reviews. Here he can either approve or delete a review.
An author also has access to review list but he can approve or delete only those reviews which were rated to him.
An admin can also change default error and success message in Admin -> Rate this Author -> Settings.
- Easy to Install.
- Rate any author.
- Rate by giving stars.
- Easy to operate.
- No major setting.
- Easy to Customize.
A visitor can only review a single author with one valid email ID. He can’t review same author twice or more. He may review another author.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the entire ‘rate-this-author’ folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
You will find ‘Rate this Author’ menu in your WordPress admin panel.
Does it give any shortcode?
Right now, its not. But it will give soon with the later upgrades.
Does it work fine with the latest version of wordpress?
It has been tested upto Version 4.2.1.
Can I customize it, as per my need?
It is easy to customize but skill is a factor here.
- If you face any issue, you may reach us here or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Rate this Author” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial Release
- RTL Support and Google Rich snippets.
- Auto fill rating form for logged-in user and widgets
- headers already sent issue resolved