This is a widget that displays a list of random pages/posts on your widgetized sidebar. The widget displays random posts and pages in sidebar. This increases the number of indexed pages and gives users an interesting way to browse your site.
- Give visitors a fun way to browse your site.
- Get more pages of your site indexed.
Questions, Comments and feature suggestions
Please leave questions and comments on my plugin page
If you like this plugin please give me a good rating! I ask for no donations. If you’d like to donate, donate to wordpress.org.
- Widget title: the title of the widget
- Pages Or Posts: display random pages or random posts or both
- List types: ul for bulleted list, p for paragraph, br for paragraph with line breaks
- Page count: Number of random pages you would like to be displayed
- Upload folder into to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use your ‘Presentation’/’Sidebar Widgets’ settings to drag and configure
Why does this include jquery
- Newer versions of wordpress include jquery automatically. I am including it here to support old versions.
What is with the question mark
- There is a very small question mark included in the clock that leads you to the information page for this widget. This is to spread the word about my widget to other people who be interested in installing it. You can remove this if you like, but I would really appreciate some other form of attribution (blog post, blogroll link, or whatever)
Contributors & Developers
“Random Pages Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- initial release
- version 2.8.2 & 2.8.5 of wordpress + firefox make it hard to setup this widget from the admin panel – upgrade wordpress OR try another browser. All other browser should work, and you can still set it properly, it is just hard to select the drop down values.