This plugin will replace all of the default avatars on your blog with rage comic faces.
More specifically, it passes the rage faces as the default argument when the request for the user’s Gravatar is made.
- Upload the
rage-avatarsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Will this break anything
Maybe. I have tried to make the plugin only touch Gravatrs though, so you should be fine.
- Can I assign specific avatars to users?
Nope, embrace the random!
- Can I use my own images? (I see an avatars folder in there)
Yes, but be warned that updating the plugin will delete your custom images. There are future plans to provide a custom images folder outside of the plugin folder however.
Thought it was worth mentioning that this plugin is still running strong for users without a default avatar using the current version as of writing this on v4.4.2! Love the plugin, hope to see the author update! Thanks!
Contributors & Developers
“Rage Avatars” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Removed TimThumb, and tweaked code for organization. This should fix the error some users have been experiencing.
- Updated the version of Timthumb and adjusted compatibility information
- Added New Avatars: “mind blown (OMG)”, “seriously? (female)”, “derpina (happy)”, “derpina (omg)”, “derpina (curious)”
- This is the initial version.