Let your visitors share a quote from your pages with Quote Tweet!
When a visitor selects text from one of your pages, a prompt appears for them to share the quote, with the current page URL, to Twitter.
Check out the source code on GitHub!
- Choose to add a new plugin, then click upload
- Upload the quote-tweet zip
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Try selecting text on one of your pages, to see the Twitter icon pop up.
None yet! Shoot me a question @bozdoz.
This plugin is a very good ooption if you want offer to your users a good and easy way to tweet a sentence in your blog or site.
The author offers a very good support service answering quickly and solving “problems” in a short time.
A plugin simple to install wich works easily.
Contributors & Developers
“Quote Tweet” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix to overwritten variable which wiped text selection in 0.5 (sorry, all affected).
- Added timeouts, contextmenu event, and
addEventListenerfor all events.
- Added z index so that the popup will show up on most sites; added retina Twitter logo.
- Tightened whitespace and comments, made globals explicit; eventually moved most of the plugin into a function executed on the
- Should be more compatible with other plugins.
- First Version. Select text to see Twitter prompt.