Quick Contact for WordPress is exactly that: a no-frills quick and simple way to add a contact form to your WordPress blog. Simply load it into your plugins folder, activate it in your WordPress backend and place “[quick_contact]” on the page you want the form to display on.
Thank You WordPress
We are thrilled to present this plugin for WordPress
These installation instructions for Quick Contact assume that you are already somewhat familiar with the operation of WordPress. If you are not familiar with WordPress then we suggest taking a look at http://demoblog.listpipe.com/. Pay particular attention to the following topics:
Write A Page (The videos can take a minute to load, but they’re worth it the wait if you are new to WordPress.).
Follow the steps below to install Quick Contact:
- Backup your database.
- Download Quick Contact from https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quick-contact/ and unzip it.
- Unzipping the downloaded file should produce a folder called
quick-contact(if not, try downloading the files again). Upload the that folder and its contents to your
wp-content/pluginsdirectory inside of your WordPress install.
- Login to your WordPress admin section and click on the Plugins tab. At this point you should be seeing a list of your plugins. Find Quick Contact in your list and activate it by clicking the
- On the page where you want the form to appear place the following text:
[quick_contact]. This page will now display your Quick Contact form.
- Emails will be sent to your
admin emailwhich you entered during the WordPress admin. You can update this email by clicking on the
Generaltab in your WordPress admin and updating the
Note: we suggest that you always use the most up-to-date version of WordPress with Business Directory
The best way to upgrade is to use the ‘Upgrade Now’ button on your plugins page (if your hosting situation is set up to handle that), or by following these steps:
- Backup your database.
- Deactivate Quick Contact in your WordPress admin.
- Delete the old version of Quick Contact from your plugins directory (typically
wp-content/plugins) via ftp.
- Download the new version of the Quick Contact from https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quick-contact/
- Unzip the downloaded file and upload it’s contents to your plugins directory (Unziping the files should produce a folder called
- Reactivate Quick Contact.
- Where can I find more detailed instructions on how to use this plugin?
Visit our documentation page at http://quickcontact.squarecompass.com/documentation/