The QR Code Tag plugin creates QRCodes for your blog.
- Choose your QR Code generator: Google Chart API (online connection required) or QR Code Lib (included)
- Uses cURL if
allow_url_fopenis disabled (Google Chart API)
- GIF, PNG or JPEG image output
- All QR Code images are cached
- Use as a Sidebar Widget
- Use the Shortcode
[qrcodetag]content[/qrcodetag]within your posts
- Use the Tooltip mode
[qrcodetag tooltip="content"]some text[/qrcodetag]within your posts
- Use the PHP function inside your own template
- “Best Read Mode” for optimized QR Code image size
- Works with PHP 5.3 as well
- Works on symlinked plugin folders
- Available plugin admin interface languages: English, German
See this blog entry for a tooltip mode demo.
Move your mouse over the application links.
- Upload the full directory into your /wp-content/plugins/ directory, or install it through the admin interface
- Set write permissions for
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the settings page and change the default values (optional)
- PHP5 with GD Lib
- WordPress 2.8+
- What is a QR Code?
- Will there be a PHP4 version?
No. This plugin is based on OOP sytle which is not available in PHP4.
Please upgrade your PHP installation.
- Does it work with PHP 5.3?
Yes it does.
- Does it work with PHP 6?
I don’t know. Not tested yet.
- Which image type should I choose?
PNG is the preferred one. If you’re concerned about very old browser, use GIF instead. Or JPEG.
- Which code generator should I choose?
If you’re on a webserver that disallows online connection from within php scripts, you should switch over to the QR Code Lib.
- There is a red image instead of the QR Code image. What’s wrong?
/qr-code-tag/data/directory is not writeable. Please adjust
your permissions. See Changing File Permissions.
- How to use the tooltip mode?
See Plugin Help (below Plugin settings in your WordPress administration area).
- There is only a blank page for large posts with your plugin! Why?
This is a PHP / WordPress problem. See Sudden empty / blank page for large posts with WordPress for problem description and solutions.
- The margin with the Google API differs from that one created by the QR Code Lib. Why?
Google Chart API creates a different margin. I can’t tell you why – ask Google.
- How I can check the generated QR Code?
You can use the Google ZXing online service
- Where I can download a barcode reader for my mobile device?
- The plugin is not available in (_put a language in here_). Why?
Because no one translated it yet. How about you? See Plugin Help for translation hints!
- There source code format does not follow WordPress standards. Why?
Contributors & Developers
“QR Code Tag” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial Release