Very Simple and intuitive QR Code Generator that allows you to place a QR Code widget on your sidebar.
You can set custom QR code image size as well as create QR code for specific urls or content.
Tool is based on Google Chart Tools.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place qrCode in widget area
This is a fist version so feel free extend it as you wish.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple QR Code Generator Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Basic functionality
- Links update
- Removing deprecated functions
- WordPress version 3.9.1 support
- Renamed widget from widget_qrCode to widget_qr_code. This update will enforce css class update to ‘.widget_qrCode’
- WordPress version 4.3.1 support
- Renamed functions for cosistency
- Code formatting
- added sprintf function
- added support for https sadly Google API is not availible on https 😉
- Remove closing tag from end of the plugin to prevent ‘Warning: session_start()’ error
- WordPress version 4.6.1 support
- WordPress version 4.7 support
- Add more validation to user provided values;
- Add HTML5 range field for width and height; restrict values to integers only; max 450 is to avoid 404 image src errors;
- Update logic for generating default qr code – it will default to the blog title and Site Address (URL);