Pushie allows you to send push notifications from your self-hosted WordPress blog to your
All you need at the moment is Boxcar installed on your device (only iOS at the moment),
setup an account then create a provider. With that API information, you can then get push
notifications sent to your device whenever you have a connection to the internet.
* Instant push notifications to Boxcar
* Notification on new comments
* Notification on new pingbacks
* Your WordPress installation needs cURL support
If you wish like this plugin, use it for a site that makes you a profit or are a commercial user then please donate. See http://wolfiezero.com/wordpress/donate/ for more info
To use Pushie, you currently require Boxcar
- Download Boxcar for your device (iOS)
- Sign up to Boxcar (if you have not already)
- Create a provider for your site
- Keep the API key and API secret safe (do not give this out to people you do not trust)
- Install Pushie on your self-hosted WordPress blog
- On the setup screen, under Boxcar, enter the API info from step 4 into the respective boxes
- Enter your email address you used to register Boxcar with
- Check what you want notifications on
- Wait for the comments!
Contributors & Developers
“Pushie” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Added check in settings page to see if WordPress supports cURL
- Removed beta tag
- First available public release.