ProSocial is a free WordPress plugin which connects your readers with your authors.
It shows an attractive pop-up bar next to your authors’ names, with links to their social media accounts.
On multi-author blogs, it’s a great way of encouraging your readers to connect with your authors on other social networks.
See it in action here: http://digitalshift.me/prosocial/
- 40+ social networks: You choose which networks to display. Your authors can add then their accounts themselves.
- Includes email: Show your authors’ email addresses as well (with a captcha form to prevent spam).
- Google Analytics: If you use Google Analytics, you can see who’s clicking on what.
- Download ProSocial to your computer
- Log into your WordPress website
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload
- Browse to the ZIP file and install
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Settings > ProSocial and choose your settings
- Go to Users > Your Profile and add URLs to all social networks you want to show (repeat for all other users)
- You’re done!
How does it work?
When the user hovers over the blog post author’s name, ProSocial shows a pop-up bar with links to their social media accounts.
Your blog authors can update their social media accounts in the standard ‘Contact info’ section of their WordPress user profile.
The administrator can decide which social media accounts are shown, as well as other options.
What options are there for administrators?
- Select which of 40+ social media accounts can be shown in the pop-up bar
- Turn on/off links to authors’ personal websites
- Turn on/off links to authors’ email addresses (always shown with a captcha)
- Change the background colour of the pop-up bar
- Turn on/off click tracking with Google Analytics
Got a question? Please tweet @ProSocialWP
Contributors & Developers
“ProSocial” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.