When running WordPress MultiSite, you have a very handy feature called network activation. It allows you to activate a plugin for the entire network of sites. The trouble is that it only does half the job.
Some plugins have an install procedure that is meant to be run only on activation. However, when you do a network activation, that install procedure is only run for the current site. So, you end up with plugins not working properly on all the other sites.
What this plugin does:
- when doing a network de/activation, it triggers the de/activation hook on all sites in the network
- when creating a new site, it triggers the activation hook for all active network plugins on that site
- Contribute Code at https://github.com/scribu/wp-proper-network-activation
- Contribute Translations at https://translate.foe-services.de/projects/proper-network-activation
- Download and unzip
- Put the proper-network-activation.php file in /wp-content/mu-plugins/
- Install automatically from the WordPress admin
- Activate it network wide
- Error on activation: “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected…”
Make sure your host is running PHP 5. The only foolproof way to do this is to add this line to wp-config.php (after the opening
wrong submit… someone delete this comment.
Contributors & Developers
“Proper Network Activation” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- full internationalization support + German translation. props cfoellmann
- more obvious user messages
- fixed notice
- prevent double activation for current blog
- WP 3.1 compatibility
- fix fatal error due to undefined html() function
- activate 5 sites a time, via AJAX requests
- initial release
- more info