Print-O-Matic adds the ability to print any post, page or page element by using a simple [print-me] shortcode. Bonus feature: filled out form elements are also printed using a kind of jQuery Jedi magic. A complete listing of shortcode options are available, as well as free community support.
- Old-school: upload the
print-o-maticfolder to the
/wp-content/plug-ins/directory via FTP. Hipster: Ironically add Print-O-Matic via the WordPress Plug-ins menu.
- Activate the Plug-in
- Add a the shortcode to your post like so:
[print-me target="div#id_of_element_to_print" title="Print Form"]
- Test that the this plug-in meets your demanding needs.
- Tweak the CSS to match your flavor.
- Rate the plug-in and verify if it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request, cocktail recipes at https://wordpress.org/tags/print-o-matic/
- Where can I fork this plugin and contribute changes?
- I am a Social Netwookiee, might Twinpictures have a Facebook page?
Yes, yes… Twinpictures is on Facebook.
- Does Twinpictures do the Twitter?
Ah yes! @Twinpictures does the twitter tweeting around here.
- How does one use the shortcode, exactly?
A complete listing of shortcode options has been provided to answer this exact question.
- Where can I translate this plugin into my favorite language?
- Who likes to rock the party?
We like to rock the party.
I’ve been trying many print plugins in the last several days, and this one is by far the best. Support is top notch as well. I do plan on purchasing the pro version at some point just to support the development, but the free version is superb. Does everything I needed and more.
I installed the free version and it was so well designed and so easily refined that I felt guilty about using the free version; so I bought the Pro version.
Congratulations on a great product.
I would have sent you this note via your website, but I couldn’t find a Contact form.
Not only does this plugin do everything I need their support goes way beyond what you would expect. I am not a coder and the guys responded quickly and helped me achieve what I wanted to do. Well worth upgrading to the Pro version.
Thanks very much for providing this very “handy” print plugin.
I really appreciate the overall functionality and the flexible settings.
I really appreciate that the free one is super functional and easy to use. I’m just setting up my website so I don’t want to start buying a bunch of plugins from the get-go but when I need something a little more custom I won’t hesitate to purchase the Pro version.
Plugin worked perfectly even in a unique situation. Support responded within 5 hours to give me an option to make it work – and it worked!
Contributors & Developers
“Print-O-Matic” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- tested with WordPress 4.7.3
- replaced http links with https
- top and bottom print page html now use do_shortcode instead of the_content filter to avoid conflicts with social sharing plugins
- fixed error of extra character in the title tag.
- added missing alt tag
- fully tested with WordPress 4.6
- added missing alt tag
- reworked script to build new window more efficiently
- working (not fully resolved) on Edge. Some issues will are related to a bug in Edge.
- top and bottom html will process shortcakes
- work around to clone IE element values that don’t have ID attributes… ugh
- added option to close the print window after print dialogue box is closed
- work around IE syntax errors when NO form elements are present… double ugh
- added IE hack to fill in missing input text values for IE browsers.
- checks for older IE MSIE, IE 11 Trident & IE 12 Edge properly
- checks for IE (MSIE, Trident & Edge)
- plugin fully tested with WordPress 4.5
- added external printstyle for external triggers
- print window no longer auto-closes
- removed language files in favour of WordPress Language Packs
- plugin fully tested with WordPress 4.4.0
- adjusted method of determining if the print_data object exists and has property
- adjusted the language domain to work with WordPress’ new language translation system
- addressed move lovely IE issues
- mega hack-o-riffic workaround for IE input text elements loosing user input values
- fixed bug with title not passing target correctly when displaying both icon and title
- fixed issue with printstyle default value not saving
- deactivating plugin no longer clears all settings
- corrected typo in printstyle attribute
- added tag and class attributes
- target now passed using data attribute rather than hidden input field
- added pause_before_print attribute and option to manually pause the print dialogue box to let the page fully load.
- typo correction
- replaced redundant inline scripts with smarter print_data js object placed in footer
- added icons for WordPress 4.0
- Added some Internet Explorer workarounds
- Added optional jQuery clone.fix to address issues with cloning textarea elements
- Added %prev% and %next% target placeholders to print elements immediately preceding or following the print button
- Added 3 second delay if iframe is detected in print page
- Added Russian language translation
- load scripts option now defaults to always
- improvements for roll-your-own print-o-matic elements
- added german and hungarian translations
- works also in IE 11
- print command now waits for page to fully load
- added option to load scrips only on pages where shortcode is used
- fixed bug with do_not_print
- added alt attribute
- works again in horrid IE browsers
- added the do_not_print attribute
- added print page top and bottom HTML section (special thanks to Daniel Kevin Johansen @ 555Haxor.dk & Game-Site.dk email@example.com)
- added option to select alternate print icons
- can now show icon, text and icon & text print button
- form values now include radio and checkbox selections
- removed php4 constructors
- added I18n localization support
- fixed printicon attribute bug in shortcode
- added custom css for display page as well as print page
- target may now use %ID% as a placeholder for the post ID
- Fixed so the print dialog box will display in IE (buggy, buggy IE)
- Added Printicon Attribute to insert text-only print link
- Added Options page with default target attribute and css style settings
- Removed space from title of new window to prevent the wonderful IE8 from throwing errors.
- The plug-in was forked and completely rewritten from Print Button Shortcode by MyWebsiteAdvisor.