Print-O-Matic adds the ability to print any post, page or page element by using a simple [print-me] shortcode. Bonus feature: filled out form elements are also printed using a kind of jQuery Jedi magic. A complete listing of shortcode options are available, as well as free community support.
- Where can I fork this plugin and contribute changes?
- I am a Social Netwookiee, might Twinpictures have a Facebook page?
Yes, yes… Twinpictures is on Facebook.
- Does Twinpictures do the Twitter?
Ah yes! @Twinpictures does the twitter tweeting around here.
- How does one use the shortcode, exactly?
A complete listing of shortcode options has been provided to answer this exact question.
- Where can I translate this plugin into my favorite language?
- Who likes to rock the party?
We like to rock the party.
I installed the free version and it was so well designed and so easily refined that I felt guilty about using the free version; so I bought the Pro version. Congratulations on a great product. I would have sent you this note via your website, but I couldn't find a Contact form.
Not only does this plugin do everything I need their support goes way beyond what you would expect. I am not a coder and the guys responded quickly and helped me achieve what I wanted to do. Well worth upgrading to the Pro version.
- tested with WordPress 4.7.3
- replaced http links with https
- top and bottom print page html now use do_shortcode instead of the_content filter to avoid conflicts with social sharing plugins
- fixed error of extra character in the title tag.
- added missing alt tag
- fully tested with WordPress 4.6
- added missing alt tag
- reworked script to build new window more efficiently
- working (not fully resolved) on Edge. Some issues will are related to a bug in Edge.
- top and bottom html will process shortcakes
- work around to clone IE element values that don’t have ID attributes… ugh
- added option to close the print window after print dialogue box is closed
- work around IE syntax errors when NO form elements are present… double ugh
- added IE hack to fill in missing input text values for IE browsers.
- checks for older IE MSIE, IE 11 Trident & IE 12 Edge properly
- checks for IE (MSIE, Trident & Edge)
- plugin fully tested with WordPress 4.5
- added external printstyle for external triggers
- print window no longer auto-closes
- removed language files in favour of WordPress Language Packs
- plugin fully tested with WordPress 4.4.0
- adjusted method of determining if the print_data object exists and has property
- adjusted the language domain to work with WordPress’ new language translation system
- addressed move lovely IE issues
- mega hack-o-riffic workaround for IE input text elements loosing user input values
- fixed bug with title not passing target correctly when displaying both icon and title
- fixed issue with printstyle default value not saving
- deactivating plugin no longer clears all settings
- corrected typo in printstyle attribute
- added tag and class attributes
- target now passed using data attribute rather than hidden input field
- added pause_before_print attribute and option to manually pause the print dialogue box to let the page fully load.
- typo correction
- replaced redundant inline scripts with smarter print_data js object placed in footer
- added icons for WordPress 4.0
- Added some Internet Explorer workarounds
- Added optional jQuery clone.fix to address issues with cloning textarea elements
- Added %prev% and %next% target placeholders to print elements immediately preceding or following the print button
- Added 3 second delay if iframe is detected in print page
- Added Russian language translation
- load scripts option now defaults to always
- improvements for roll-your-own print-o-matic elements
- added german and hungarian translations
- works also in IE 11
- print command now waits for page to fully load
- added option to load scrips only on pages where shortcode is used
- fixed bug with do_not_print
- added alt attribute
- works again in horrid IE browsers
- added the do_not_print attribute
- added print page top and bottom HTML section (special thanks to Daniel Kevin Johansen @ 555Haxor.dk & Game-Site.dk email@example.com)
- added option to select alternate print icons
- can now show icon, text and icon & text print button
- form values now include radio and checkbox selections
- removed php4 constructors
- added I18n localization support
- fixed printicon attribute bug in shortcode
- added custom css for display page as well as print page
- target may now use %ID% as a placeholder for the post ID
- Fixed so the print dialog box will display in IE (buggy, buggy IE)
- Added Printicon Attribute to insert text-only print link
- Added Options page with default target attribute and css style settings
- Removed space from title of new window to prevent the wonderful IE8 from throwing errors.
- The plug-in was forked and completely rewritten from Print Button Shortcode by MyWebsiteAdvisor.