The revamped Press This in WordPress 4.2 includes new options that can be modified by filters or a plugin like this.
Options include turning on or off the quick media insertion feature or automatically blockquoting the page’s excerpt if you haven’t selected text, and more.
Development is taking place at https://github.com/kraftbj/press-this-extended
Via your site’s wp-admin Dashboard:
- Visit Plugins->Add New
- Search for “Press This Extended”
- Click Install to add the plugin to your server
- Click Activate Plugin to turn this plugin on.
- Visit Settings->Writing to see the plugin’s options.
What is this?
The new Press This adds easy-to-use media discovery, blockquote insertion, cooler source links. It is really flexible, but no UI is included. This reveals the built-in flexibility.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Press This Extended” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- New “Add to Homescreen” actions on iOS and Chrome for Android will create a web app for Press This.
- Removes Text Editor setting since this is a default feature of WordPress 4.3.
- Removes the User Agent filter to prevent blocking of Press This. Merged into WordPress 4.3.
- Initial Release