Every time you edit and save a post the page will be reloaded. That means all scroll positions will be resetted.
Not really UX friendly.
This plugin recovers the old scroll position in your Editor after saving. Either HTML or visual editor.
Sounds pretty good? Install now!
Note: There will be NO settings page, just go to your post edit screen and test it.
For an automatic installation through WordPress:
- Go to the ‘Add New’ plugins screen in your WordPress admin area
- Search for ‘Preserve Editor Scroll Position’
- Click ‘Install Now’ and activate the plugin
For a manual installation via FTP:
- Upload the
preserve-editor-scroll-positiondirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in your WordPress admin area
To upload the plugin through WordPress, instead of FTP:
- Upload the downloaded zip file on the ‘Add New’ plugins screen (see the ‘Upload’ tab) in your WordPress admin area and activate.
Contributors & Developers
“Preserve Editor Scroll Position” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First release