Allows you to auto preload all images on the current page. This also include background images. This is perfect for slides where not all images are visible at once on the page. Typically not all images will load at the same time making it appear the slide is not working.
Please be aware that the page will initially load a little slower as it needs to load the images before running your js code. But having said that, if your code needs these images to load before hand, it will make it easier for your users to use your plugins or code.
So in summary, it makes your slides run smoother, forces all images to be loaded before use and makes the images load faster.
With this plugin you can use the preload_progress_bar shortcode:
[preload_progress_bar complete=”jQuery(‘#content’).show();progressbar.hide();progressbar.remove();” initial_text=’Loading…’][/preload_progress_bar]
1) Install WordPress 3.6 or higher
2) Download the latest from:
3) Login to WordPress admin, click on Plugins / Add New / Upload, then upload the zip file you just downloaded.
4) Activate the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Preload Current Images” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Not 100% great in Chrome but atleast the % loaded moves and gives an ok presentation of how much has loaded.
- Added ability to add initial text to shortcode.
- Added ajax loader image to plugin image directory.
- First Draft