PrayBox is a prayer request application that allows users to submit requests, or pray for existing requests, as well as allowing site administrators to manage prayer requests. All requests can be moderated from the admin section and can be flagged by members as inappropriate requests. There is a IP ban system in place as well to discourage improper usage.
Every time a request is prayed for, and the user clicks the “I Prayed For You” button, the requester will receive a nightly email detailing how many prayers they received that day.
View my working version of PrayBox, post a prayer request or pray for others here: Praybox – Online Prayer Requests
Want more features? Upgrade to PrayBox+
Moderation, praise updates, spam protection, and more. Read more here:
Support and Requests
I respond to all support requests sent in through my PrayBox contact form at: PrayBox Support
- Upload ‘praybox’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory or use the ‘Add New’ option under the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress backend and ‘Upload’ ‘praybox.zip’.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure settings for PrayBox in the WordPress dashboard by clicking on the ‘PrayBox’ option in your WordPress backend.
- Enter the appropriate information into the form fields on the ‘PrayBox General Settings’ page.
- Make sure the appropriate shortcodes are placed on the appropriate pages.
- Paste shortcodes accordingly:
- Paste this shortcode into the page you would like to use to display your listings: [pb-requests]
- Paste this shortcode into the page you would like to use to display your submission form: [pb-forms]
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you tell the plugin where you placed the [pb-forms] shortcode by selecting that page from the list beside “Prayer Request Form Page”
- Have fun using this plugin and if you have any questions, requests, or positive feedback, we would love to hear from you at www.praybox.com (http://www.praybox.com/)
The plugin was great. It did what we wanted for our church. However when an update came out, it won’t update. (Unauthorized) – I have attempted to contact the author for almost 2 months and nobody responds. Very poor / no support for a paid product (PrayBox+) – I would not recommend something that has no support with it.
First Class Plugin
The best way to share prayer requests online.
We’ve used Pray Box for years.
People really, really need prayer.
Such praise comes back from those who were prayed for.
It is a joy to spread joy.
May God bless Blazing Torch and its people.
I set this site up wp4u.interactusa.com to test out PrayBox before implementing it on our church website. So far I have had no functional issues. I would like to be able to control the wording and content on the form pages. I tried to click through to the upgrade to PrayBox+ but I found it is a dead link. I am waiting to get info.
I struggled to get PrayBox working on my sight as it seems that my website hosting doesn’t like PHP mail sending very much. The support tech worked tirelessly to assist me in some workarounds. I thoroughly love this program and wold recommend this to anyone. Great Job.
Contributors & Developers
“PrayBox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
April 7, 2011 – 0.1
- Plugin base.
April 18, 2011 – 0.2
- fixed line breaks so that they work properly in the body of prayer requests.
- added language filter (just in case)
- when someone doesn’t enter a title, the title is displayed as ‘Untitled’
April 18, 2011 – 0.3
- changed paths to plugin assets so that they play nice with BlueHost and other hosts that use ‘/wordpress’ as the base for WP files in their installers
June 14, 2011 – 0.4
- Change text “Report This” to “Report Abuse” to be more clear
- Fixed bug where people not using the extension “wp_” in their DB were not able to post, and were banned from posting
July 13, 2011 – 1.0
- Fixed daily “Prayed For” email notifications
- Fixed issue with single requests occasionally being posted multiple times
- Fixed issue where line spacing was translated to “rn”
- Cleaned up a lot of code/functions to make PrayBox run more efficiently
- Added the option for users to edit anonymity and notification preferences for their own prayer requests
- Added the option for users to close their own prayer requests
- Added actual URLs for requests, so users can link directly to requests
July 14, 2011 – 1.0.1
- Fixed “View Details” and related links on request list for sites not using permalinks
August 3, 2011 – 1.0.2
- Fixed problem with escape characters that was occasionally causing problems during activation.
November 17, 2011 – 1.0.3
- Fixed intermittent problems with email scripts that were causing problems during installation.
December 23, 2011 – 1.0.4
- Repaired minor miscellaneous data references.
February 21, 2012 – 1.0.5
- Fixed problems regarding url structure for sites not using ‘pretty’ permalinks.
- Fixed escaping quotation marks for data input on General Settings page.
August 9, 2012 – 1.0.6
- Updated escaping to protect against MySQL injection attacks.
August 14, 2012 – 1.0.7
- Updated url variable validation to protect against vulnerabilities.
January 21, 2013 – 1.0.8
- Updated for better functionality in WP v3.5.
June 3, 2013 – 1.0.9
- Updated graphic/interface assets.
September 23, 2014 – 1.2
- Updated admin interface.
- Fixed issues related to compatibility with WP 4.0 email function.
October 29, 2014 – 1.3
- Began adding fundamental elements for multilingual improvements.
- Fixed issue with “Active Request List” page not displaying all requests.
- Updated shortcode output for better compatibility with more WP themes.
June 15, 2015 – 1.4
- Updated for current version of WP
- Made some modifications to Prayer Request form HTML
- Added AJAX to Prayer requests list to keep from having to reload the request list
January 2, 2016 – 1.5
- Fixed compatibility issues with WP 4.4
- Fixed issues with mail notifications
- Fixed issue where requestor’s name was not showing up