Blubrry PowerPress brings the essential features for podcasting to WordPress. Developed by podcasters for podcasters, PowerPress offers full iTunes support, Web audio/video media players, exclusive subscribe tools, podcasting SEO features and more.
PowerPress Key Features
- Full iTunes support: Adds iTunes compliant podcast feeds to your WordPress blog.
- Integrated HTML5 Media Players: Audio/video Web players with embed support from sites such as YouTube.
- Subscribe tools: Create subscribe page with our exclusive subscribe shortcode embed and subscribe sidebar widget optimized for responsive websites, high-resolution screens and Apple Retina displays.
- Podcasting SEO: Improve discovery of your podcast on search engines such as Google, and with the iTunes podcast directory.
- Advanced and default mode: Simplify settings using only the defaults, or harness all the potential of podcasting with Advanced Mode.
- Media modifiers: Easily add, modify and remove podcasts from blog posts and pages.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, Blogger or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-podcast support: Create separate podcasts by category (Category Podcasting) or by media format (Podcast Channels).
- Post type and taxonomy podcasting: Create podcasts from custom post types and taxonomies.
- *Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Languages supported: English, Danish, French, Simplified Chinese, Italian, Romanian, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese (Want to translate PowerPress?)
*The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes RawVoice Certified Statistics, U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month.
Full iTunes Support!
Blubrry PowerPress fully supports iTunes, which set the standard and is required for podcasting. PowerPress comes with the following iTunes specific features:
- iTunes compliant podcast feeds: The appropriate tags are added to your feeds so your iTunes listing looks great.
- Optimized iTunes summary: Converts your blog-post content to a format suited for viewing in iTunes (learn more).
- Tunes artwork: Upload and manage your iTunes artwork directly from within PowerPress settings.
- iTunes podcasting: Fully supported, including the latest Apple iTunes podcasting specifications.
- Feed Episode Maximizer: Increase the number of episodes viewed on iTunes while decreasing the byte size of your feeds.
Integrated Media Players
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive Web player options to display your podcast audio and video in your Web pages.
- Audio players: Pick from MediaElement.js, native HTML5 audio or 1 Pixel Out Player.
- Video players: Pick from MediaElement.js, native HTML5 video or VideoJS.
- Post positioning: Position player above or below your content.
- Player shortcode: Place the player exactly where you want by adding the
[powerpress] shortcode directly into your post content.
- Playlist player shortcode: Include a playlist of your latest podcast episodes utilizing the
[powerpress_playlist] shortcode in any page or post.
- Embeds: Add embeds from sites such as YouTube.
- Links: Provide download, play in new window and embed links.
- Audio formats supported: mp3, m4a, oga (ogg audio), opus.
- Video formats supported: m4v, mp4, webm, ogv (ogg video).
Integrates with Blubrry's Services
Make your life easier by adding our FREE or paid media hosting and statistics services to streamline your podcast productivity.
- Quickly access your Blubrry media download statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Publish Blubrry hosted media directly from your blog.
- View Blubrry hosting usage quota from your blog.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.
- Migrate all of your media to your Blubrry Podcast Media Hosting account with just a couple clicks.
The Blubrry basic statistics service is FREE. Our Premium Statistics Service, which includes RawVoice Certified Statistics, U.S. downloads, trending and exporting, is available for $5 month. Blubrry Media Hosting packages start at $12.
A Blubrry PowerPress exclusive, podcasting subscribe tools help you convert Web visitors into podcast subscribers.
- Subscribe page: Instantly create a subscribe page with simplified instructions on how to subscribe to your podcast using the PowerPress subscribe page shortcode.
- Subscribe page shortcode: Add the
[powerpress_subscribe] shortcode to include a mobile-device optimized subscribe embed in any post or page that includes buttons to subscribe on iTunes, by RSS, BeyondPod for Android, Podcast Republic for Android and an automatically highlighted textbox to easily copy and paste your podcast feed into any subscription application.
- Subscribe sidebar widget: Mobile device optimized sidebar buttons to subscribe on iTunes, by RSS and a "more subscribe options" button linked to your podcast's subscribe page.
- Subscribe links: Subscribe on iTunes, by RSS and a link to your custom subscribe page below every player.
- Retina enabled: Subscribe button images optimized for high resolution displays including Apple Retina displays.
- Responsive: Subscribe tools are designed for any screen and optimized for touch screens by providing custom buttons that are at minimum 48 pixels in height.
Want more? We've got more! Check out some of the advanced features:
- Podcasting SEO settings: Utilize the iTunes features that improve the discovery of your podcasts and include the necessary meta data in your blog pages for search engines to discover.
- Embeds: Provide embeds your audience can take with them (just like YouTube embeds)
- Media size and duration detection: Enter your media URL and let the PowerPress do the rest.
- Category Casting: Add podcast support to your WordPress category feeds.
- Custom Podcast Channels: Distribute multiple formats (audio/video) and versions (short/full length).
- *Taxonomy Podcasting: Create podcasts for your custom taxonomy tag names including WordPress Tags. (feature sponsored by AfterBuzzTV.com)
- *Post Type Podcasting: Create podcasts for your custom post types.
- FeedBurner Support: Use FeedBurner.com to host your podcast feeds (we do not recommend FeedBurner for podcasting).
- **User Role Management: Control which users in your blog can podcast.
- Diagnostics: Check to see if your server is configured to support all of the available features in PowerPress.
- WordPress MultiSite: Blubrry PowerPress is compatible with WordPress MultiSite and can be extended using the Blubrry PowerPress MultiSite add-on plugin.
- ***Supported syndication formats: mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, webm, ogg, oga, ogv, wma, ra, mp4a, m4v, mp4v, mpg, asf, avi, wmv, flv, swf, mov, divx, 3gp, midi, wav, aa, pdf, torrent, m4b, m4r, epub.
*Custom Post Types and Taxonomies features require a separate plugin to manage.
**User Role Management requires a separate plugin to manage WordPress Roles and Capabilities.
***Apple iTunes only supports mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, pdf and epub.
Migrating from PodPress?
Switching to PowerPress is seamless. Simply enable PowerPress then disable PodPress and you're done! Visit Migrating from PodPress to PowerPress for details.
PowerPress will continue where plugin your old plugin left off by including your previously created episodes in your feeds and Web pages.
Note: Advanced settings such as settings for podcast categories will need to be recreated in PowerPress.
. . . or have some ideas that could improve the plugin?
Need More Help?
We now offer one-on-one consulting via GoToMeeting, Skype or phone.
Learn more about Blubrry Consulting Services
PowerPress is developed and maintained by Blubrry, a podcasting company and community providing tools and resources for podcasters to measure, monetize, publish and host podcasts. Although we'd like you to become a member of Blubrry, no membership is required to use this free open source podcasting plugin.