The Postman Widget is a plugin developed by Paloma that allows administrators of WordPress websites to
collect newsletter subscriptions from their visitors. To do this, the WordPress user must first have an
account on the Paloma website and an address list where the new subscriptions should be added.
The widget currently only accepts a subscription if it has a name and a valid e-mail. The admin can
also select up to three optional fields for the subscription in the widget menu.
- Why isn’t the plugin being shown in the settings or in the widget menu?
Make sure that the plugin has been properly installed and activated. Go to the Plugins menu, select
Installed Plugins, and check that Postman Widget is shown in your list of plugins. If it is not active,
press the Activate link to activate the plugin.
- Why can’t I select an address list in the widget menu?
If the widget menu does not display any address lists, it means the plugin could not reach the Paloma API
and request address lists with your ID and Hash. Make sure that the ID and Hash are correct, and that
there is no issue with your network connection. If the problem persists, contact email@example.com.
- How do I change the appearance of the widget on my site?
You can use Cascading Style Sheets to control the appearance of Postman Widget. A CSS file is included
with the plugin, and contains a basic style. By changing the CSS, you can customize the look of the
widget for your site.
- I get an error that says “SoapClient” not found.
This means that the host has not installed the SoapClient extension on their server, which is required to
run the Postman Widget. In order for the plugin to work, you will need to contact your host and ask them to
- What should I do if there is an error with the plugin?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and explain the issue.
- Updated a deprecated constructor method to prevent a warning in PHP.
- Updated form action and method. This should fix a 404 error on some websites that use the HTTPS protocol.
- Fixed an error when retrieving only one address list from Postman.
- Fixed problem with displaying latest mailings.
- Fixed some warnings and notices when running the widget in development mode.
- Added the remaining optional subscriber fields (Phone, Fax, Address, Postal Code, City, Country).
- Improved the style of the widget and made it easier to customize with CSS.
- When showing recent mailings, the widget no longer displays the time of day of the mailing.
- Added three optional subscriber fields (Title, Company, Cell Phone).
- First public release.