Adds the post box from the Prologue theme (modified to include a Title field and Category dropbox) to any theme.
This plugin reuses much code from the Prologue theme according to the terms of the GNU General Public License. So a big thanks to the authors of Prologue, Joseph Scott and Matt Thomas.
A few notes about the plugin's behavior:
- In WordPress 2.7 and higher, you can select which fields you want to appear in the form and what pages you want the form to appear on. Settings are in "Settings -> Writing -> Posthaste Settings".
- If you leave the "Title:" field blank, it takes the first 40 characters of the post content and makes that the title.
- If you leave the "Category:" box at its default setting ("Category...") it posts to your default category. However...
- If you have a category named 'asides', it will put posts with empty titles into the 'asides' category even if you do not explicitly specify the 'asides' category in the dropdown. You can then style them as asides.
- The included CSS is deliberately simple. If your theme already styles forms, it will probably inherit your theme's styling. If you want to customize the appearance of the form, just customize your own css files.