This is a simple wordpress plugin that estimates the time a reader will need to go through the article.
An average man reads 250 – 300 words for minute, so you can change the default settings any way you like, the default here is 200 words per minute.
What this plugin offers:
- Show the time in minutes or minutes and seconds
- Select the prefix and suffix before the time shows
- Customize the words per minute number
- Widget support.
Visit the homepage of the plugin.
- Upload the plugin directory to to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
<?php post_read_time(); ?>in your templates or add the widget to your theme
None at the moment.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Post Reading Time” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- [Fix] Small display fix.
- [Fix] Fixed a feature bug, if showing post read time on main page and using excerpts, the whole post content was not used.
- Marked release as final and stable.
- Added widget support
- Security update in the admin area (check if user is admin).
- Some cosmetic surgery in the admin area.
- Minimal changes, updated the website of the plugin.
- The initial version of the plugin.