Post Ratings is a simple, developer-friendly, straightforward post rating plugin. Relies on post meta to store avg. rating / vote count.
- Allow your site users to rate posts (of any kind)
- Display the average post rating, vote count or weighted (bayesian) rating within your posts
- Display a widget with the top rated posts in your sidebar
- Allow you to create your own rating formula
Why another rating plugin? Because the existing ones are either outdated, bloated with useless functionality, or just too buggy 🙂
- Install Post Ratings either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Post Ratings settings and set your options.
- How does this plugin log votes?
Basic check trough cookies, IP match against a limited transient-cached IP list, and user meta records (if registration-only ratings are enabled). If any of these checks fail the user is not allowed to rate.
- How do I change the rating template?
If you want to change the HTML mark-up for the ratings create a “post-ratings-control.php” template within your theme folder.
Check out the original template from this package for help on how to edit it.
- How do I manually display the rating links where I want?
Either fill the custom filter field with your own action tag in the plugin settings, or use the
- German – by Thorsten Wollenhoefer
- Polish – by Bartosz Arendt
- Slovak – by Martin
fast conected with my site, can rate my posts,
Why the stars are gray? Before they were yellow.
Exactly what I was looking for. Simple rating system without a lot of complexity.
Google ‘also stars looks !.. Thank you man !!!!!!
+Maximum 1 vote to remove the limit?
If you need a ratings plugin, this is the one. Cheers for developing an awesome plugin!
Contributors & Developers
“Post Ratings” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Complete plugin rewrite and update by dfactory
- Added Slovak translation, tx Martin
- Fixed wrong path to .mo/.po files
- Added wrapper for current_user_can (experimental), eg. current_user_can(‘rate’, $post_id)
- Added support for proxies that send the client IP
- Fixed a bug in the template loader, tx @ Spencer
- Fixed a bug with the transient post limit checks
- Added German translations (tx Thorsten) and fixed a possible localization issue
- The rating control (HTML) can now be fully customized trough the “post-ratings-control.php” template (create one inside your theme)
- Removed the formatRatingsMeta method, as it’s now unnecessary
- Fixed a compatibility issue with certain PHP setups
- Fixed issue on widgets page from 2.0
- Fixed buggy rating records on multisite
- Themes can now override default CSS, if post-ratings.css is present in the theme dir
- Added cache flush triggers
- Decreased the_content filter priority to accomodate plugins that don’t handle excerpts correctly
- Added CPT support for the “archives” page visibility setting
- Fixed an issue with duplicate user rated posts ID records
- Fixed an issue with the shortcode (not being displayed in certain situations)
- Added “force” argument to the shortcode; if present, page visibility setting is ignored
- Support for Google Rich Snippets, using microformats mark-up; note that this can only work on singular pages!
- Fixed a js issue with voting introduced by mistake in 1.4
- Some updates to the Atom widget code (as Atom Widget API changed)
- Fixed 2 bugs related to Atom-based themes
- Fixed bug in which the user formula wasn’t working outside the widget
- Fixed an issue where under certain conditions pages would be empty
- Added some API info the FAQ
- Added the ability to use a custom bayesian formula
- Made the IMDB rating formula as default
- Fixed some localization inconsistencies on the Atom widget
- Added Atom widget (replaces the default widget if the site runs on an Atom theme)
- First public release.