** WARNING: This plugin is not actively maintained any more. If you are interested in taking over (or just fixing the use of depricated functions), please drop me a mail.**
Besides that, it is working fine without maintenance since the end of 2009.
- Can handle thousands of subscribers. And has a simple back end to manage them.
- Translations (Front and Backend): German, French, Dutch
- Frontends: Hebrew, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Japaneese
- Subscribers can choose categories.
- Easy to translate:The frontend should take a few minutes, the backend a bit longer. Please send me your translations!
- The Post can be included, if you wish, only up to the more-tag.
- Mails can be sent as HTML or text.
- If you send text mails, the post is formated.
- Double Opt-in
- Frontend and mails are configured via templates. It is easy to change everything without messing in the code.
- Easy im- and export of Emails
- Every recipient gets his personal mail, with a link to change his subscribed categories or to unsubscribe.
- Nervous Finger option (Mail isn’t sent right away – so you still have time to change things once you posted.)
- You can decide how many mails are sent in a burst and how long to pause between bursts.
- Decide on a per post basis whether to send a mail, or not, or just use the default.
- Integrates into almost any theme without tweaks.
- Does not need WP-Cron or anything like that.
- Possebility to adjust mails with userfunctions
- much more
Changes in the templates since 1.1
- select.tmpl has been added.
- activated.tmpl has been removed.
- strings.php has five new strings.
- unsubscribe.tmpl now needs a @@conf_url.
- Mail templates can now use @@author. And @@unsub changed to @@conf_url.
- subscribe.tmpl need @@vars in the form.
Where is the difference to Subscribe2?
Subscribe2 as well as Post Notification are based on the same plugin. While Subscribe2 has it’s emphasis on a
nice user interface and is more easy to configure this plugin is also suitable for professional sites who want
to send several thousand mails as day. There are two main reasons for this:
- PN sends a “personal” email to each subscriber with a link to change his settings.
- A subscriber can choose categories without having to register a WordPress user.
See the Forum : http://pn.xn--strbe-mva.de/