This plugin allows you to add multiple addresses to a post/page and have those addresses automatically plotted on a Google Map in a sidebar widget or directly in the post/page. This is a great plugin to help localize your stories, events, news, etc.
Easily add and delete a single or multiple addresses to each post/page. Viewing a single post/page displays only addresses attached to that post/page, viewing anything else will show the most recent plots across your entire site.
You can also set a custom title and description for each address saved.
Custom plot markers can be upload to the /markers folder.
Pluginize was launched in 2016 by WebDevStudios to promote, support, and house all of their WordPress products. Pluginize is not only creating new products for WordPress all the time, but also provides ongoing support and development for WordPress community favorites like CPTUI, CMB2, and more.
- Upload the post-google-map folder to the plugins directory in your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin
- Add the “Post Google Map” widget to your sidebar or use shortcode [google-map] in your post/page to embed the Google Map
- Add addresses to any posts/pages
That’s it! Addresses will automatically be plotted on the map for each post/page that contains addresses
- Does this plugin work with WordPress Multisite?
Absolutely! This plugin has been tested and verified to work on the most current version of WordPress and Multisite
I’s a good plugin, can be better if:
it was possibile to modify the location (I can only delete and create a new one);
it was possible to set zoom level and map type;
it was possible to choose where exactly to insert the map into the post.
Contributors & Developers
“Post Google Map” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update widget registration in preparation for WordPress 4.3
- Adding Spanish Translations and .pot file. Props Andrew Kurtis of http://www.webhostinghub.com/
- Fix map pin issue where multiple color selections didn’t work
- Updated to non-deprecated Google API for geolocation coordinates.
- Translation ready
- Full plugin rewrite
- Uses current WordPress coding standards
- Tightened security
- Updated to use Google Maps API v3
- Re-released to fix zip file that wasn’t created properly in the plugin directory
- Added in security checks on all content being passed to and from the plugin
- Switched settings to be stored in an array
- Optimized the plugin in different areas for speed
- Some minor bug fixes
- Added a title option on the Post Google Map widget
- Fixed a bug causing the content in a post without a shortcode to disappear
- Fixed “headers already sent” error when deleting addresses
- updated marker path for subdirectories
- fixed to show markers on map
- Bug fix
- Added shortcode support: [google-map]
- Removed link
- uploaded correct source
- Fixed headers already sent error
- Incorporated WordPress HTTP API for wider support of Google Maps API call
- Fixed issue with address not saving if post wasn’t saved first
- First official release