This is a simple popular posts WordPress widget for your blog. Add and day interval to specify when the posts are considered popular, the default is 365 (one year) you can also filter your post by category. Enjoy!! and please support the plugin. :@)
- Languages http://xparkmedia.com/plugins/popular-widget/#languages
- Support http://xparkmedia.com/support/plugin/popular-widget/
- Day range
- Disable tabs.
- Title length.
- Count Display.
- Excerpt option.
- Excerpt length.
- Category filter.
- Display thumbnails.
- Display recent comments.
- Calculate visits or page views.
- Custom field options for view counts.
- Download the latest version of the plugin to your computer.
- With an FTP program, access your site’s server.
- Upload the plugin folder to the /wp-content/plugins folder.
- In the WordPress administration panels, click on plugins from the menu on the left side.
- You should see the “Popular Widget” plugin listed.
- To turn the plugin on, click “activate” on the bottom of the plugin name.
- You should have now a new menu item called “Popular Widget” in your widget menu.
- MySQL 5.1.26
- Apache 2.2.11
- Explorer 8
- Safari 4.1
- Firefox 3.5
- Chrome 5.1
- Opera 9.6
The plugin still works as expected but the support doesn’t seem to be very responsive: Last reply on the WordPress forum over 1 year ago, on the recommended official forum over 2 months ago.
More activity would be great since there are not many comparable alternatives.
I would love to see a more button at the bottom if there are more posts ot show
Contributors & Developers
“Popular Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added: WordPress 4.3 support.
- Added: Translate.wordpress.org support.
- Added: WordPress 4.2.4 support.
- Added: WordPress 4.0 support.
- Added: Link relationship attribute option.
- Fixed: SSL issue.
- Added: WordPress 3.9 support.
- Fixed: fix ajax issue.
- Added: WordPress 3.8 support.
- Fixed: html markup.
- Fixed: Ajax pageview count.
- Fixed: php errors on some servers.
- Added: Custom pageview field option.
- Fixed: WP notices.
- Fixed: Renaming tabs on Firefox.
- Security update.
- Security update.
- Code Clean up.
- Added: WP 3.6 support.
- Added: Taxonomy exclusion.
- Added: User exclusion.
- Added: Additional filters.
- Improved: Admin UI.