This plugin allows you to show your most popular posts as a widget on your blog!
The benefit of using this plugin is that it keeps visitors reading more of your posts as well as showing them your best blog posts – Showing them the great content you have on your site!
It’s very simple to configure too – Just change the settings and the plugin will be active and working!
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Edit the Popular Posts Settings in your Administration Panel
- Enable the Widget through the Appearance –> Widgets tab.
- How does this work?
It stores the user details every time a post is viewed, the totals are incremented so it will show the posts with the most hits in the widget.
Contributors & Developers
“Popular Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Changed MySQL table for larger sites needing more
- NoFollowed internal links for people concerned about PR
- Stripslashes on title
- Popular posts now numbered in widget
- Using unordered lists to display now
- Readme – how does this work?
- A few minor tweaks (Eg. “Most Popular Posts” in admin panel)
- First Release