What is pootle button?
pootle button is a wordpress plugin that helps in building awesome buttons.
What can I do with pootle button?
With pootle buttons you can:
- Add buttons easily in wordpress editor
- Have cool buttons with gradient background by choosing second background color
- Set custom hover color for button
- Have border with desired border thickness and color
- Have buttons with rounded corners
- Choose any size for your button
- Align your button left, center or right
What makes pootle button so cool?
Pootle button makes managing buttons, the most important part of a website’s User Interface, incredibly easy
- Feels very much like WordPress.
- Integrated well into WordPress editor.
Can I see pootle button in action?
Yes! Watch this video.
Install and activate the plugin. In your WordPress dashboard simply add a new page to start using pootle button!
Installing “pootle button” can be done either by searching for “pootle button” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org.
- Upload the ZIP file through the “Plugins > Add New > Upload” screen in your WordPress dashboard.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit the settings screen and configure, as desired.
- Where can I get help & support
For help & support please head over to http://docs.pootlepress.com where there are loads of helpful articles and you can submit a support ticket.
- How do I contribute?
We encourage everyone to contribute their ideas, thoughts and code snippets. This can be done by forking the repository over at GitHub.
This is probably one of my fav. button plugins. And having the zip file under 20kb, means that the stress on the server – even for shared hosting, will be negligible.
That said, I rated it 4 out of 5 stars because no matter what you choose the URL target to be, it always opts to be _blank. If you edit the dialog.php file and remove the _blank string, then you lose the ability to open the link in a new tab. The way to correct this is to actually edit the html (Text mode), and remove the _blank string manually from the code it generates. If this is fixed, it really deserves the full 5 stars.
BTW, I deactivated all installed plugins, and changed the theme to Twenty-Fourteen, just to make sure a plugin or my custom handmade theme was not interfering in any way, but the issue was still there, that’s how I concluded that this plugin has this small bug.
Other than that, thank you, and excellent job !!!
Update (March 8, 2016): You promised a bug fix for today, and delivered, and therefore I’m obligated to upgrade my rating to 5 stars. I wish I could give it 10 stars!
I can’t thank you enough!