Specify the subscripiton list(s) for your site’s WordPress Users and PMPro Members. If Paid Memberships Pro is installed you can specify additional list settings by membership level.
The plugin has a setting to require/not require MailChimp’s double opt-in, as well as a setting to unsubscribe members on level change. This allows you to move members from list to list based on membership level. It is important to note that with this setting active the member will be unsubscribed from ALL other lists on membership level change and will only be subscribed to the list(s) set for their active membership level.
- I found a bug in the plugin.
Please post it in the issues section of GitHub and we’ll fix it as soon as we can. Thanks for helping. https://github.com/strangerstudios/pmpro-mailchimp/issues
- I need help installing, configuring, or customizing the plugin.
Please visit our premium support site at http://www.paidmembershipspro.com for more documentation and our support forums.
I've had no issues with this add-on for PMPro, works as expected and really easy to setup! Great job!
Works but on membership cancellation, the plugin only removes Members from it's membership level's List but not from the All User's List.
- BUG: Fixed issue with updating email addresses in MailChimp when email addresses are updated in WordPress.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added a filter pmpromc_profile_update that you can set to __return_true to tell the addon to synchronize user data on every profile update. By default, PMPro MailChimp will only synchronize data if the email address has changed. Filter passes $update_user, $user_id, and $old_user_data and is documented in the code.
- BUG: Fixed issue where the wrong subscriber id was being used for subsequent API calls when calls were made for more than one subscriber (e.g. when importing, bulk updating, or members are expiring).
- BUG: Fixed other warnings, typos, and minor bugs.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added filter (
pmpro_addon_mc_api_timeout) to modify API connection timeout (default is 10 seconds which should be plenty!)
- BUG: Fixed bug where “additional opt-in lists” were causing fatal errors at checkout if set.
- FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Removed the v2 MailChimp API class and now using our own API class based on MailChimps v3 API.
- FEATURE: Now adding PMPLEVEL and PMPLEVELID merge fields for users added to lists. These can be used to create segments and groups in MailChimp.
- FEATURE: Added a link on the settings page to export a CSV file formatted specifically for importing into MailChimp. This can be used to import existing members into MailChimp as new subscribers or just to update the merge fields for existing subscribers.
- Updated the MailChimp API used to have a $verify_ssl property that controls the CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER option of the CURL connection. This is set to false by default, avoiding some issues people have had connecting to the MailChimp API.
- Added option for passing membership level to MailChimp as a custom field.
- ENHANCEMENT: Mailing Lists section of edit profile page doesn’t show up if there are no lists set for “opt-in lists”.
- BUG: Not showing the “additional lists” options on the review page when using PayPal Express/Standard/etc. (Thanks, Christopher Souser)
- BUG: Fixed some warnings.
- BUG: Avoiding warnings when unsubscribing. (Thanks, Adam Shaw)
- ENHANCEMENT: Won’t try to subscribe/unsubscribe if the user doesn’t have an email address. Doesn’t come up often in WP, but can.
- BUG: Fixed bug where if users unchecked all optional lists options, the plugin would not remove them from the lists. (Thanks, Darlene)
- BUG: Avoiding warnings in some cases where levels have been deleted.
- BUG: Removed add_settings_error call to avoid fatal error on front end. Wasn’t using it.
- BUG: Better error handling when invalid API keys are entered.
- BUG: Fixed some warnings and fatal errors if site is run with an empty or invalid API key.
- Admitting that we’re officially released with a 1.0 version. 🙂
- Now using Mailchimp v2.0 API.
- Updated code to make sure that when checking out, sub adds run on pmpro_after_checkout instead of pmpro_after_change_membership_level.
- Fixed some warnings that would show up if the plugin was not connected to the API yet.
- Now 3 options for the “Unsubscribe on Level Change” option. No, Yes (Only old level lists.), and Yes (All other lists.).
- Fixed possibly issues introduced in the .3.5 version.
- Added the “Opt-in Lists” that will show up on the PMPro checkout page as checkboxes allowing the member to opt into one or more lists.
- Instead of unsubscribing users from all lists when changing membership levels (before adding them back to lists for the new membership level), we only unsubscribe users from the lists that were selected for their old level. For example, if list #1 is given to a user for level 1, users changing away from level 1 will only be unsubscribed from list #1. They will remain on any other list they might have gotten outside of PMPro MailChimp.
- Fixing SQL warning when running PMPro Mailchimp without PMPro. (Thanks, kateM82)
- Added option to turn of unsubscribes entirely. If you manage multiple lists in MailChimp and have users subscribe outside of WordPress, you may want to choose No so contacts aren’t unsubscribed from other lists when they register on your site.
- Updated pmpro_mailchimp_listsubscribe_fields filter to pass the $list_user object along as well.
- Updating email addresses in MailChimp lists if a user’s email address is changed.
- Added pmpro_mailchimp_listsubscribe_fields filters to add fields passed the listSubscribe API call.
- Changed some things to make sure that the user cache is clean and the listSubscribe call happens late enough so that first and last name are populated.
- First logged release with a readme.
- Added a “Require Double Opt-in” setting that will determine if an additional opt in email is sent for confirmation before adding users to a list. Defaults to “No”.