This plugin allows you to change the order in which plugins will be loaded by WordPress.
It shows you a simple drag-and-drop interface to set this order.
If you are plugin developer, I encourage you to use actions and hooks so that you will not need this plugin at all, but if you are managing your own blog and you face to the problem a plugin depends on other one, then this is the plugin you need.
- Upload ‘plugins-load-order’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click on Settings > Plugins Load Order to get the admin plugins page
- Set the order you want and save options
October 24, 2022
we've just installed this little pluggie to check on the Load Ordering functionality of Jeff Sterup's 'Plugin Organizer', which did not store order at the time of this writing. In contrast to its big unwieldy competitor, this little gem right here simply does the job, with a tidy, intuitive interface. Bravo; we hope it lives on. (y) 🙂
December 22, 2018
Well done! I was about to setup Plugin Organizer just for this task, but I thought it's a plugin too complex (with lots of files etc.) just to change the order of the plugins load. Thank you for releasing this lightweight plugin!
September 13, 2018
Contributors & Developers
“Plugins Load Order” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Plugins Load Order” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Prevent PHP warning when activate plugin and go settings first time before saving. Thanks to @beee
- Default language changed from Spanish to English.
- Fix WPML language compatibility.
- Improved layout design.
- Initial version.