Alert: Plugin Protector may not protect your plugins, is no longer supported, and is due for retirement. For a suitable replacement, check out Lock Your Updates.
A light-weight admin tool adding a layer of protection when updating and deleting plugins. If you’ve ever added custom code to a plugin and want to protect against accidentally updating and overwriting the customizations, this plugin will allow you to mark individual plugins as ‘Protected’. When protected, update or deletion requests for a plugin will trigger an admin notice confirming your action.
Plugin protection is available on both single-site installs and the network admin of multisite installs.
Documentation is also outlined here.
- Does this plugin save customizations I have made to plugins?
No. It only offers you additional protection against deleting or overwriting your customizations. It does allow you to add notes as to why a plugin has been protected.
- Can I use Plugin Protector on a multisite install?
Yes, as of Version 0.4, Plugin Protector allows for protection in the network admin of a multisite install.
- Does Plugin Protector give me a final line of defense when updating a file from the plugin editor?
It does display a warning when you are editing a protected plugin, but does not enact any safeguards after having clicked ‘Update File’.
- Retirement notice.
- Adds compatibility with ajaxified updates introduced in WP 4.2
- Multisite fix for intercepting updates to protected plugins.
- Bug fix for side notice class
- Fix conflicts with Press Permit
- Reverted capability for allowing/disallowing protection from ‘edit_plugins’ to ‘activate_plugins’
- Wrapped code in class
- CSS tweaks
- Added class_exists to prevent conflict
- Changed capability for allowing/disallowing protection from ‘activate_plugins’ to ‘edit_plugins’
- Add informational notices
- Tweaked table display with use of dashicons
- Updated compatability to 3.8
- Added notices in the Plugin Editor
- Multisite support
- Removed undefined index notice | readme edits
- Initial release