Allows the user to insert a list of plugins from wordpress.org on page/post using shortcodes. The list is generated by making a query on wordpress.org just like the ‘Install Plugins’ page search form.
The plugin was created to display all the plugins of a specific user in order to showcase them in a blog, but it can also be used to display other lists. It also allows the user to customize the list and supports caching to save bandwidth.
- Install the plugin either by uploading the contents of
plugin-list-generator.zip to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
or by using the ‘Add New’ in ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- author, term and tag – author, term or tag that will be used in the to search. Choose only one paramater since the search function will be use one of them.
- num – maximum number of plugins to be displayed (default: 25).
- list_markup – when used the plugin will generate a html ordered or unordered list. Options can be ul or ol.
- expire – number of minutes for cache expiration. The plugin will perform a search in wordpress.org and store the result and use it during the expiration duration (default: 1440).
- exclude – comma-separated list of plugin slugs that will be excluded from the list.
- only – comma-separated list of plugin slugs, that when used, the list will only display info of plugins specified by the slugs.
- name, description, slug, version, author, author_profile, requires, tested, rating, num_ratings, num_ratings, description, short_description – plugin data fields that can be used on the list.
Examples (Editor Visual Area)
Displays a list of 5 plugins that contains the tag spam.
- [plg tag=’spam’ num=5][name] [/plg]
Displays a list of 3 plugins with their names and author profile urls and using the search term ‘search engine’.
- [plg term=’search engine’ num=3][name] ([author_profile]) [/plg]
Displays a list of 5 names and slugs of plugins that contains the tag spam, excluding 3 plugins specified by their slug .
- [plg tag=’user’ exclude=user-switching,ads-manager,role-scoper num=5][name] ([slug]), [/plg]
Examples (Editor Html Area)
Displays a list of 3 plugins with their names, their versions, using the search term ‘cache’ and cache expiration duration of 30 minutes.
- [plg term=’cache’ num=3 cache=’30’] [name] ([version])<br>[/plg]
Displays a html unordered list of plugins with their names (with a hyperlink) and small description where the author is ‘takayukister’.
- [plg author=’takayukister’ list_markup=ul]<a href=”https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/[slug]”>[name]</a> – [short_description][/plg]
Displays a html unordered list of 2 plugins (specified by their slugs) with their names (with a hyperlink) a version where the author is ‘takayukister’.
- [plg author=’takayukister’ only=contact-form-7,camper list_markup=ul]<a href=”https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/[slug]”>[name]</a> (v. [version])[/plg]
Contributors & Developers
“Plugin List Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
First version of the plugin.
- Added the option exclude plugins from a list.
- Added the option display info from only specified plugins.