Plugin Central is a comprehensive WordPress plugin solution. Main features are:
- Receive dashboard plugin update notifications with changelogs
- Update all plugins at once with a single click
- Install plugins directly by typing the name of plugin or the URL to zip file!
- Multiple-plugin install feature allows you to move your plugins from one blog to another
- Displays status of plugins in need of update on the Dashboard
- Displays latest information form the plugin changelog
If you like what I do in WordPress, you will also like ManageWP service.
For updates, you can check out my blog.
This file is part of Plugin Central.
Plugin Central is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Plugin Central is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Smart YouTube. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to the Plugins page and activate the plugin.
- You will be able to update your plugins and install new from the Dashboard
- I have problems installing new plugins
Plugin Central currently relies on file permissions set up correctly on your server, in order to write files to your plugin folder. Some servers require ftp login details to write the files and Plugin Central will support this option in the future.
- How does installing plugins by name work?
If you type just a name of the plugin you want to install, Plugin Central will search the WordPress Plugin Repository and try to find a matching plugin automatically for you.
- Can I suggest an feature for the plugin?
Of course, visit Plugin Central Home Page
- I love your work, are you available for hire?
Yes I am, visit my WordPress Services page to find out more.
Vladimir, I really appreciate you put the plugin back online. Thanks
This is the first plugin I install on every new site. Probably saves me an hour of work every time, and always works perfectly.
I keep a list of plugins that I add to every site I build and install them all at once with Plugin Central. Works great, and saves a lot of time.
Contributors & Developers
“Plugin Central” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed security issue
- Fixed interface problems
- WordPress 4.x Compatible
- Added ignore function (thanks to CyberOto)
- WordPress 3.0 Compatibility fixes
- Proper detection of plugins in need of update
- Proper Activatation link
- NEW: Completely rewritten the plugin
- NEW: Using core function to update multiple files
- Eliminated warning message
- Added direct changelog information (credit to Oliver Schloebe and Changelogger plugin)
- Added a link to changelog in the dashboard
- Integration with Navbar
- WordPress 2.8 compatible
- Better handling of plugin installs
- Plugin Activation link after installation
- Added 2.7 support and security enhancments