This plugin automatically creates a Planet configuration file from your wordpress links section. (Note that only links that have RSS or atom feeds associated with them will be added to the planet configuration file.)
To install and configure the plugin:
- Download the plugin from this page.
- Unzip the plugin into the /wp-content/plugins directory on your webserver.
- Activate the plugin
- Navigate to the settings page for this plugin ( “Settings” >> “Planet WordPress”)
- Fill out all of the fields on the page. Make sure that the location to which you are writing the planet file to is writable by the web server.
- Click the “Update Options” button the bottom of the settings page.
- If there are no error messages on the page, configuration is complete.
How do I know if the plugin is working?
To check to see if the plugin is working, log onto your web server, and open up the planet file location that you set on the Planet WordPress settings page. At the bottom of this file you should see a list of links from your WordPress links section. (Note that only links that have RSS or atom feeds associated with them will be added to the planet configuration file.)
Where can I see this working?
This plugin currently is generating the planet configuration file for my blogroll. This site is running the trunk of the Planet code base.
Where can I leave feedback for this plugin?
If you are having issues with this plugin, please leave a comment at my blog, and hopefully I will be able to help you.