A basic plugin to conveniently add the Piwik tracking code to your WordPress posts and pages.
Piwik is an open source online analytics tool much like Google Analytics, with the main difference
that you can host it on your own server and retain full control over your data.
- Set the Piwik Base URL and the corresponding SiteID on the settings page
- Enable or disable download & outlink tracking
- tracking across subdomains
- enable / disable client side DoNotTrack detection
- Advanced settings: select user groups (identified by roles) to exclude from being tracked
This plugin requires a properly configured, up to date installation of the Piwik Analytics software
to work (tested with 1.6 and higher).
Please visit the Piwik website for detailed reference on Piwik.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Make sure to set the correct URL to your Piwik installation and the corresponding SiteID on the settings page.
…or simply use the built in plugin browser to handle the uploading.
Contributors & Developers
“Piwiktracking” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- remove tracking mode selection
- add prepend site domain option
- add subdomain tracking
- add hide alias clicks option
- add client side DoNotTrack option
- resulting tracking code in line with Piwik v 1.12 settings
- intitial release