The Pipe Video Recorder Plugin handles the integration between the Pipe Video Recorder platform and WordPress.
Capture user generated video content including video feedback, video submissions, video messages, and video testimonials straight form your WordPress website.
Safely accept video resumes for e-recruiting from any post/page on your website. The easiest way for online recruiters to collect video resumes.
Transform your blog into a VLOG using the backend video recording feature. Review your videos and post only those takes where you nailed it.
Save time and money since there’s no more need for an expensive media server and everything happens automatically behind the scenes.
Review and download recorded videos straight from your WordPress backend.
Embed recorded videos in any web page or blog post (not necessarily on your website).
Easily add crowdsourced videos to your website and skyrocket your user engagement. You’ll immediately start seeing the results.
- Record from desktop and mobile – Pipe makes sure your website users can record video no matter the device and browser they’re using.
- Up to 4k HD Video – Pipe can record and properly manage videos up to 4k in resolution.
- Play everywhere – different devices record to different video file formats including .mov, .mp4, .3gp and .flv. We make sure the final video is a proper .mp4 file that can be played on any device.
- Manage videos from both your WordPress backend and the Pipe account area on https://addpipe.com
- Bandwidth independent – Pipe’s client side and server side buffering make it possible to record high quality videos over slow or unstable connections like 3G, 4G and public Wi-Fi.
- Snapshots are automatically created for each video
- Works with any WordPress template
A note on video file formats:
The Pipe Video Recorder platform handles the video recording and playback process for both the web and mobile ensuring all the different video formats are converted to .mp4 for ease of delivery as well as providing secure storage & delivery through the Amazon CDN.
Compatible with the most popular forms plugins:
- For Gravity Forms see How to Record Video Using Gravity Forms and Pipe.
- For Ninja Forms see How to record videos on your WordPress website using Ninja Forms and Pipe.
The potential of this product is huge, so new and already best in wordpress. Look forward to the upcoming features. Please add filters to the plugin so that we can further customize. Also, capacity to review and/or retake (like another similar plugin) would be great!
I am thrilled that this terrific technology has finally emerged as a WordPress plugin, it deserves to find a big audience.
There is nothing quite like this in the WordPress world and it is going to be fun seeing the many different uses and intriguing possibilities that WordPress developers will come up with.
My one suggestion, for later versions, would be a simple integration with Gravity Forms. This would not only be useful but would shine a big spotlight on Pipe, because pretty everyone who works professionally with WordPress uses Gravity Forms - over a million websites are already using it, an integration would be the quickest and easiest way to draw a lot of attention and innovation to the Pipe Video Recorder plugin.
The simplest integration would be to allow a Pipe Recorder to be embedded within a Gravity Form, so that the recorded user can submit more information alongside their video and so that the site owner can play that video within his form entries list.
The "killer" integration, however, would be to also use it alongside the Gravity Forms User Registration add-on, allowing users to leave a video message to verify their identity, verify their age or gender, create an introductory video for their BuddyPress profile, verify that they are the person in their avatar photo etc.
There are already ways for clever coders to do all this with Pipe but, just as your WordPress plugin opens up Pipe for the 25% of websites who use WordPress, extending your plugin to integrate with Gravity Forms would introduce it to the right part of the WordPress audience, and what they create will get everyone else thinking about video too.
- First release
- Small bugfixes
- Menu creation patch and security enhancements
- Plugin now only takes into consideration the video_transcoded webhook.
- Backend interface improvements
- Fixed issue with downloading videos not working