With over 10 million downloads the NextGEN Gallery plugin is obviously widely used. The Pinterest Lightbox plugin enables a PinIt Button on each image automatically through your NextGEN Gallery. It automatically uses the caption, image URL, and page URL from NextGEN to sync with the Pinterest API. This plugin is very useful for photo-intensive websites.
To use it, simply download, and activate. Please note NextGEN 2.0 or greater is required with the latest update of Pinterest Lightbox 1.4. Pinterest Lightbox now supports all NextGen lightboxes, so you can pick and choose which one you want to use directly from NextGEN. If you do not have NextGEN installed, the plugin will display a notice and do nothing until it is installed.
Install this plugin in the normal way:
- Place it in your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
To use it, simply download, and activate. The Pinterest Lightbox button should be show up in your lightboxes!
- Do I need to input any of my Pinterest info?
No. This plugin is just promoting your website photos, so it has nothing to do with YOUR Pinterest account.
- Is there any worry of confliction with other plugins?
This plugin should not have any conflicts in a simple setup, but if you are using multiple lightbox plugins, conflicts are possible. Please feel free to create a ticket or contact me if you see any issues.
Contributors & Developers
“Pinterest Lightbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Version 1.0 Released.
- Version 1.1 Released.
- Fixes Bug where overlay was on top of photo in WP 3.6
- Version 1.2 Released.
- Fixed Bug with Lightbox conflict
- Version 1.3 Released.
- Fixed image selector to include cached extensions
- Version 1.4 Released.
- Requires NextGen 2.0 or greater
- Seamless integration with NextGen Gallery
- Checks if NextGen 2.0 or greater is installed/activated or gives notification
- Allows the use of any lightbox and Pinterest button will still work
- Fixed issue with older Fancybox Classes not being recognized
- Added support for WP Lightbox 2 Plugin
- Fixed z-index issue in Fancybox
- Fixed z-index issue with Fancybox
- Forced multiple triggers on clicks – more reliable
- Added filters for advanced lightbox WP installs
- Identified Issues with Undefined Media and Descriptions