Before trying out this plugin, please take a looking at DEMO: http://zhiqiang.org/blog/photo.html
This plugin uses PicasaWeb API to retrieval your albums information, cache them (but the photos themselves aren’t cached), display them within blog. It looks like your own gallery service.
- information are cached. very fast to navigate
- image preload, fast to navigate next photo.
- can use keyboard shortcut
- This plugin is not for displaying album in post and page. It’s different from lots of similar plugins.
- PHP 5 and higher is required (most web hostor has it)
- mod_rewrite is required and you must use permalink.
- You might need to do lots of work to customize this plugin to fit your own template. It’s not recommanded if you don’t know any knowledge about HTML and PHP.
picasafold to the
- Activate the plugin
picasawebthrough the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- create a directory named
cachein the diretory
wp-content, and make it writable by your webserver (chmod 777 will do the trick).
- setup the plugin under administation panel
options/picasaweb(check option configurations section below).
There are four parameters you can configure under administator panel
username– The username of your picasa web albums. Password is not needed. So this plugin only display your public albums.
photo height– The height of your photos displayed. Customize it to fit your template.
url– Customize the url to browse your photos.
Cache Directory– the cache diretory of your albums information. make sure the diretory is writable.
- deactivate the plugin or remove the plugin files.
customize plugin template
As said in description section, this plugin need to do a lot of work to fit into your template.
- You must customize the display structure at