PHP Pseudo Compiler is a developer tool. It scans the file you specify and determines whether you have undefined functions or methods.
Why not just run the PHP code, you say? Well, PHP is not a compiled language. It looks for functions during runtime. So if you have a segment of code not covered by your normal testing, and you have an undefined function in there, you will never know of the undefined function until it hits production when the particular conditions activating that particular code segment are met. This tool will prove especially useful during large scale refactoring.
PHP Pseudo Compiler has a beautifully designed admin interface, which is feature-rich, user-friendly and functional. Please visit this fully operational live demo site to see it in action, (and to check your code without installing it locally).
- Modern Admin Interface: PHP Pseudo Compiler sports a modern and beautiful admin interface based on the twitter bootstrap framework.
- Admin Interface Tour: A slick tour will take you around the admin page and familiarize you with its features.
- Generous Help: Whenever you need help, the information and hint is only a click away in PHP Pseudo Compiler. (In fact, it is only a mouseover away.)
Robust Security: Unbreakable authentication (using hash and salt), impervious to SQL injection etc.
- WordPress Integration: PHP Pseudo Compiler comes with built-in WordPress integration. It works as a WordPress plugin if uploaded to the wp-content/plugins folder of your blog. What's more, you can switch to the standalone mode from the WordPress plugin admin page of this application, while still using the WordPress authentication mechanism and database.
In addition to the fully functional Lite version, PHP Pseudo Compiler also has a Pro version with many more features. These features are highlighted by a red icon in the menus of the lite version.
- Upload and Check PHP packages: In the Pro version, you can upload a package as a zip file and check for missing function/method definitions.
- WordPress Support: The Pro version can load and check any plugin on your server, and recognizes WordPress functions.
- Skinnable Admin Interface: In the Pro version, you can select the color schemes of your admin pages from nine different skins.
- Advanced Options: The Pro version lets you configure advanced options like suppressing duplicates, displaying all detected tokens, ability to do dynamic code analysis etc.
- Execution Parameters: Ability to specify the maximum execution time and memory size for large compilation jobs.