PHP Text Widget modifies the standard Text Widget of WordPress making it able to
execute PHP code.
The normal behaviour of the text widget is preserved so it can be activated without
That let the blog owner to control the text displayed
with PHP, eg. showing different ads on different posts, pages, categories and so on.
I’m using it on few blogs where a sidebar located ads has to be shown only for posts
in a particular category.
On plugin official page there are some examples.
- Put the plugin folder into [wordpress_dir]/wp-content/plugins/
- Go into the WordPress admin interface and activate the plugin
- Optional: go to the options page and configure the plugin
See the plugin offical page.
Really should be no reason why it would not.
Useful for custom code as well! Customization just keeps getting easier!
i have a wp instaled but plugin doesn t work,
Thank you so much – could not be simpler to use, does the trick just like that! 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“PHP Text Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- WP 4.1 compatibility check
- Label fix
- Compatibility checks
- Small changes
- Administrative styles and header
- compatibility check with WP 3.4