This plugin easily detects mobile devices and redirects them to the mobile version of your site. This plugin also gives you the ability to bypass the mobile redirect based upon a cookie that is set on your mobile site. This allows you to redirect mobile users and give the option to “View Full Site.”
If you are upgrading you must enable the redirect via Settings > PHP Redirect
To set the cookie simply add the following PHP code to your mobile site:
setcookie(“mobile”,”m”, time()+3600, “/”);
The mobile redirect bypass cookie is optional, and should only be used to give your users a “View Full Site” option
- Where is the plugins settings page?
The settings are located in your WordPress Dashboard under Settings > PHP Redirect
- What format should the URL be in the PHP Redirect settings?
Your should enter your full URL without “http://”.
- What is the cookie name?
The name of the cookie is set on your mobile site page, and if you are using the sample code the name is “mobile”. This setting is important as the redirect script will evaluate the cookie name in order to bypass the redirect. If the actual cookie name and the cookie name under the settings menu does not match, the bypass will fail.
- The script will only bypass the redirect for a short period of time?
The bypass of the redirect is conditional on the cookie that is set on your mobile site. If you have used the default code to set the cookie, the cookie will expire in 3600 seconds or one hour. If you would like to change this time simply modify the cookie settings on your mobile site.
- Updated Mobile_Detect class to current version 2.6.1
- Admin option added to exclude tablets from the redirect.
- Fixed issue with detecting iPad’s.
- Added the option to enable/disable the mobile redirect.
- Origninal Release