This plugins adds the PhotoSwipe library to your WordPress blog seamlessly. No configuration required.
Just as any other plugin. Install from
- It doesn’t work with some of my photos, why?
The PhotoSwipe library requires some special markup to be applied on images. This markup is applied with this plugin as soon as the post is saved. So if it doesn’t work on images in some old post try to save that post again. It should work.
I wanted to create galleries with WordPress and preview images with some lightbox effect.
This one is awesome, I just love those nice transitions.
The gallery will:
– arrange the thumbnails in a masonry layout
– allow you to open a popup of a single image
– allow you to swipe the images (besides the usual arrow click)
– if the image is larger than the screen, it will allow you to zoom in AND move around
Keep up the good work – if you need help with maintenance and development, I can offer an extra pair of hands…
but it needs some capability improvements on Firefox mobile and for tablets . otherwise it’s great plugin. i recommend it .
Проверил работу на WP4.7 – работает в chrome, edge, opera.
На смартфоне так же работает без проблем. – chrome, opera-mini
Единственное в opera-mini пришлось выйти из режима экономии трафика. Но это мелочь.
I checked the work on WP4.7 – working in chrome, edge, opera.
On the smartphone also works without problems. – Chrome, opera-mini
The only thing in the opera-mini had to exit the save traffic. But it is a trifle.
PLease develop it. It is awesome 🙂
Potential to be a very nice plug in, but only works on individual pages and not category, author pages etc. No response from developer despite multiple support requests.
Contributors & Developers
“PhotoSwipe” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Same as the original PhotoSwipe. Except for the following.
- Photoswipe now works on archives as well, not just singular ones.
- Fixed a bug in loading default-skin.css
- Show captions in WordPress galleries.
- Now showing WordPress captions when available.
- Fixed another bug in multisite & KSES.
- Added jQuery as dependency.
- Fixed a bug in multisite.