With PGP Key Generator, your visitors can generate their own private and public PGP keys. It is also possible to use the plugin to encrypt and unencrypt a PGP message.
Check https://wp2pgpmail.com for more info.
Is it secure ?
- You can verify the source code.
- No binaries are loaded from a server or used embedded.
- No hidden transfer of plain text.
This plugin is based on the tool developed by Ian Purton.
- Upload and extract the content of ‘pgp-key-generator.zip’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place the tag [pgp_key_generator] in the HTML code of the page you want to see the form generator
- PGP Key Generator is not available in my language. What can I do ?
You can translate PGP Key Generator in your language, then submit your translation, so everybody would can use it.
To do it, we have a project hosted at Transifex where you can add the translation in your language. It’s simple, fast and effective. Or:
- Download and install Poedit
- Open the PGP Key Generator POT file from pgp-key-generator/i18n/pgp-key-generator.pot
- Go to File => Save as… to save your translations in a PO file (pgp-key-generator-fr_FR.po for example)
- Once the translation done, go to File => Save as… again to generate the MO file
- Send us the PO and MO files to email@example.com : we will add them to the next release of the plugin
Great plugin does what it supposed to do, liking the option to encrypt/decrypt on the fly and not having to use any from of software!
Contributors & Developers
“PGP Key Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updating label name for the encryption part
- Updating OpenPGP library to v2.0.0
- Throwing errors in a dialog box
- Fixing OpenPGP for Internet Explorer
- Initial import