This plugin gives you the freedom to add quotes or testimonials to your site without having to connect to an external source for quotes.
If you want to add a new quote, do just that, add a new quote. No more letting other people say your quotes for you. If you want to give your customers testimonials, this is a great plugin to do that, too!
- Widget based to easily place your quotes where you like.
- A custom shortcode is included if you want to place your quotes within a post or a page.
- Based on Custom Post types with its own admin menu.
- Can quotes be categorized?
As of version 0.3.4 categories have been added so you can organize your quotes. You can also display quotes from only certain categories if you choose!
- I want to display only a specific quote using the widget. Can this be done?
As of version 0.3.4 another widget has been included that allows you to display a specific quote.
- What are the custom fields that I can use?
There are no longer any custom fields that need to be entered. Instead a nice form has been put in its place!
- Does your plugin have a feature to randomly select quotes?
As of version 0.3 this feature is included and can be set in the widget and shortcode.
- Fixed some code that was throwing a php error
- Fixed a few small code errors and updated a few files with better coding standards
- Made the “Add Quote” button for the main content in posts/pages a little bit more attractive
- Fixed bug in which a quote would not let you save the “author” or “where” meta data if none was originally entered. Thank to Elisa Donin for allowing me onto her dev server to figure this one out.
- Removed debugging line
- Quotes can now be organized into categories
- Quotes can be displayed by selecting certain categores in both the widget and the shortcode
- A new widget has been added so you can display a specific single quote
- No more ugly custom field interface! A nice new look that makes entering your quotes much easier!
- A brand new editor window feature that allows you to select your quote(s) and insert the shortcode for you!
Renamed some functions to avoid conflict with other plugins
Added a new custom field for displaying where the author is from. It could be a book, or a company, or a… Really anything!
Added the ability to display random quotes or testimonials.
- Added much better shortcode implementation.
- Added the shortcode to the Custom Post overview page for easy integration into your post or page.
This is the initial release.