This plugin allows you to exclude posts that belong to certain categories from your home page, while they will still be reachable
from the inner sections of your site.
This is an ad-hoc solution that aims to do one thing, and do it right.
Please note the following:
The functionality of this plugin can not be limited to a given widget of the home page. Example:
You have a category “MyCategory” from which you will exclude posts from the home page.
A the same time, you want to display posts of “MyCategory” in a widget that is located in the home page.
That would be overkilling. You don’t need to exclude everything and do one exception, you need to allow everything and do one exception.
The focus of this plugin is simplicity, performance and correctness of the code.
You can see this plugin in action the following projects where the post in home page are exclusively the ones I have written, while others
(automatically posted via email) are present in the inner sections:
http://asteriskfaqs.org – Important VoIP community project.
- http://slackware-es.com – Slackware Linux documentation project (Spanish)
- I’m using the plugin and while it works as expected, I would like it to allow content from a filtered category to be displayed by
some other plugin. Is that possible?
No. At least not for now. Read the description for more details.
- Stable release.
- Allowing to exclude categories whether they have posts or not.
- Global code assessment to ensure compatibility with latest WP versions.
- Improving “readme” documentation.