Securely capture payment card data from your site using PCI Vault. PCI Vault is a vendor neutral PCI DSS compliant environment.
Data captured with this plugin will be sent to PCI Vault’s DSS compliant database directly, and will not be present on your own server. This allows you to securely capture and tokenize credit card data without being PCI DSS compliant.
How it Works
The plugin comes with a short code that loads PCI Vault’s own Payment Card Data (PCD) form, and makes all the necessary requests to the PCI Vault API in order to get the form working. You can read more on the API side of things here.
Take note that this includes 2 paid API requests: 1 when the form loads, and 1 when the data is being sent to PCI Vault.
To use this plugin, add your authorisation details, and the user/passphrase for a key, in the PCI Vault Options menu. You can then load the capture form anywhere in your site by using the
The attribute options are:
* success_callback: A JS function to call if the card was successfully stored.
* error_callback: A JS function to call if the card was not successfully stored.
* extra_data: Extra data to store along with the card, must be a valid JS object. This is where using a JS function call really helps.
* show_card: A true/false value on whether or not to show the card on the form.
* disable_luhn: A true/false value on whether to disable validation on all form fields.
* force_keypad: A true/false value on whether to force the user to use a randomised on-screen keypad for entering card numbers. This helps to protect you from key-loggers.
* field_options: A configuration object for specifying which of the form fields to show or validate.
For more information on these fields, please check the documentation for PCI Vault’s Payment Card Data (PCD) form.
All of the magic behind this plugin happens on PCI Vault’s environment.
This plugin sends an authenticated request to PCI Vault, retrieving a unique capturing endpoint.
This request includes your authentication details, and the key/passphrase pair specified in the PCI Vault Options menu.
This plugin also loads a hosted PCD form from PCI Vault.
I would like to have additional functionality
This plugin is still in it’s infancy. Your feedback will be much appreciated.
If you need additional functionality in order to use this form, please let us know.
What if I want to capture sensitive data that is not credit card data?
PCI Vault can securely store any JSON formatted data. If you would like to store another type of data, please let us know. We can easily add other types of form to the plugin.
What if I want to see the data I have in the vault?
You can query PCI Vault API directly from your browser.
It is also possible to add query functionality to the plugin. Please let us know if this interests you.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“PCI Vault Forms” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Expand shortcode attributes to give more control over the card form
- Reduce required WordPress version from 5.7.0 to 4.3.1
- Reduce required WordPress version from 6.0.1 to 5.7.0
- Initial version