PayPal Responder processes payment for a product via PayPal, then sends an email responder to the customer and returns them to a URL of your choice. That’s it.
You can use it to sell any type of product/s on your website. There is no cart, checkout process or anything complicated – it just lets the user buy a single product in 1 click, then returns them to a URL of your choice, and emails them the auto-responder.
Let’s say you’re selling an eBook. User clicks “Buy” button > user is directed through PayPal checkout > once checkout it completed user is returned to a thank you URL and emailed the eBook.
I developed this plugin for a usage similar to above example. I didn’t want a fully fledged eCommerce system, and many other solutions include Add to Cart and then whole heap of other stop screens that hindered the transaction.
- Simple, light-weight PayPal plugin
- Can handle multiple products
- Can accept any currency PayPal can handle
- Set customer return URL
- Helpful tags available to use in auto-responder template
- Use default PayPal ‘buy now’ button or upload a png button of your own
Pro Version Available
Get Pro Version if you need the following advanced features:
- Attach a file to responder (simple digital delivery of your product)
- Unlimited responder templates (so you can use a different email responder for each different product)
- Upload the
paypal-responderfolder to the
- Activate the PayPal Responder plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going to the
PayPal Respondertab that appears in your admin menu.
- Add buy buttons to any page using shortcode which is generated in the Manage Products area
- The auto-responder is not working
Firstly, please check your SPAM folder. It’s pretty common for WordPress generated email to get sent to SPAM, or even rejected by the recipient mail server entirely. A good solution is to configure WordPress to send systems generated emails over SMTP instead of using PHP mail(). I recommend Callum Macdonald’s plugin WP Mail SMTP
- What could I sell with this plugin?
You can sell whatever you want. There aren’t any fancy features in this plugin – like it doesn’t have delivery options, order management etc so it’s really designed for just a single simple product. For example I use it to sell access to a private site – after successful checkout user is sent the password to log in. You could use it for other similar things like to sell a PDF or eBook, or you might use it for selling a virtual product or service like say consultation services for example.
- Can I add more than 1 product?
Yes the plugin can have any number of products. In this free version you can only set 1 return URL and 1 email auto-responder template.
- Can I attach a file to send with the auto-responder?
Not in free version. You can in Pro – available here.
- Where can I get support for this plugin?
If you’ve tried all the obvious stuff and it’s still not working please request support via the forum.
I have done everything right except where to find the URL that the customer gets the link to after the purchase. Cannot figure out where it goes.
Say for instance they are buying a recipe. They pay for the recipe and then they need to click on the link for the recipe. WHERE is that link on my site? HOW do I associate it with the payment?
Nice and simple and works perfectly as described. Looking forward to an advanced version of this where I can do more different auto-responders and add attachments.
Thanks for great plugin.
works well and does exactly like it say
Love the auto-responder option. Been waiting for something like this to pop up. Nice.
Contributors & Developers
“PayPal Responder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added PayPal partner code
- Security patch for hiding PayPal amount field
- Corrected currency text on settings screen
- Initial release