Ad-free Monetization

Description

Pelcro prompts ad-block users to subscribe to a monthly subscription to access an ad-free experience. We detect users across all our partner sites, ad-block users will only need to sign up once. Users will get charged a monthly fee of $1.99 after a one month free trial. 90% of revenue collected from your site will be sent to your bank account on a monthly basis,the remaining 10% is split between our cut, any partners involved in the transaction, and the payment processor fees.

The plugin enables a default popup, visit our site at https://www.pelcro.com and sign up to be able to create your own custom popup. You will be able to customize the message and design displayed in the popup. Its very simple and will take you a few minutes to customize. Content will still be indexed and visible by search engines, so its completely SEO friendly. NOTE: The plugin embeds a minified JS into the footer of all pages instead of referencing an external file that can be blocked by ad-block.

A brief Markdown Example

Features:

  1. Detect Adblockers
  2. Force Adblockers to remove Adblocker or pay-to-view 1 cent per page view
  3. Customize popup design
  4. Customize info in popup
  5. Adblocker stats

Here’s a link to WordPress and one to Markdown’s Syntax Documentation.
Titles are optional, naturally.

Markdown uses email style notation for blockquotes and I’ve been told:

Asterisks for emphasis. Double it up for strong.

<?php code(); // goes in backticks ?>

Screenshots

  • This is how the popup will look like on a desktop
  • This is how the popup will look like on mobile
  • You will need to register on our site to get a site ID
  • This page will contain your site ID

Installation

This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.

e.g.

  1. Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/pay-to-view directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
  2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
  3. Use the Settings->Pay-to-view screen to configure the plugin
  4. Click on Customize Popup or visit https://www.pelcro.com to register site and customize popup
  5. Copy Site ID from Integration Page and place in the Site ID field in the settings page

Please email support@pelcro.com for questions.

FAQ

Whats your fee?

For a typical transaction 90% goes to the beneficiary. The remaining 10% is split between our cut, any partners involved in the transaction, and the payment processor fees.

How do I withdraw my money?

Directly to your bank account. This works worldwide as long as your bank accepts international bank transfers.

What type of payment can a adblock user use?

We support VISA and Mastercard and plan to support bitcoin soon.

Reviews

Need improvements

Ive been checking it up for a while, and just when I was trying to seeting it, realized that you must register on their site to use this free version for 14 days. Well, it looks it work great but a free version for 14 days is not free at all.

The Settings of the plugin are not well explained and because of these two things Im giving just 3 stars.

In the future will check again hopping that 14 days will change to forever, keeeping the minimum options of course.

Finally something to fight adblock with

This service gives adblock users the option to either remove adblock or pay per page view. It seems to work great, started to get paid by the company who created the plugin. They transfer revenue collected every month in a timely manner. Their stats are also very insightful, definitely recommend users to try it out. Its easy to use, setup and customize everything from the design of the popup to all the copy displayed in the popup. They also have a few customizable options, you can decide wether user can close popup or not, how long till the ad block users gets a popup and many more. I recommend it to anyone who relies on ads as a source of revenue for their site.

Read all 2 reviews

Contributors & Developers

“Ad-free Monetization” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.

Contributors

Translate “Ad-free Monetization” into your language.

Interested in development?

Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.

Changelog

3.0.2

  • Improved: Code structure

3.0.1

  • Changed branding and info about the plugin

3.0.0

  • New way of integrating JS file

2.6.0

  • Modified: back to an external reference to JS file

2.5.1

  • Modified robots.txt file

2.5.0

  • Added robots.txt to avoid indexing JS links

2.4.0

  • Added new version of JavaScript

2.3.0

  • Added functionality to customize test urls
  • Removed site id obfuscation

2.2.0

  • Upgraded the popup design to make it more consistent and improved design

2.1.2

  • Fixed: Bug with subscribed users and ad-block detection

2.1.1

  • Fixed: Issue that caused a video ad to display
  • Added: New Adblock detection mechanism for certain sites.

2.1.0

  • Fixed: Easy list added a filter to allow all local js on Hulkusc, so we used its real ad sources to detect

2.0.9

  • Fixed: New scalable and more reliabe mechanism to detect adblock.

2.0.8

  • Fixed: Improved ad detection mechanism

2.0.7

  • Fixed: Bug with google_jobrunner adblock detection method.

2.0.6

  • Fixed: bug with the pixel initialization

2.0.5

  • Modified: default popup when ad-block blocks the site specific popup

2.0.4

  • Fixed: bug with the cookie domain.

2.0.3

  • Embeded minified JS into the footer of all pages so that ad-block can’t block it
  • New strategy to detect ad-block users implemented

2.0.2

  • Updated readme to include more instructions

2.0.1

  • Embeded script into the footer directly to avade adblock

2.0.0

  • Changed the script link to httpsfairweb-4313.kxcdn.com

1.1

  • Changed the script link to CDN for faster performance

1.0

  • Insert script into wordpress site
  • Button that links to pelcro.com
  • Field to insert new Site ID